Facebook advertising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Channy89

Reaction score
Feeling a little low about my business today, I feel like im putting soo much in, and not get anything out! I have tried almost every avenue of advertising, Google Maps, Gumtree, Facebook Page, Letterbox Flyers, Phone books, local newspapers anything thats free to advertise and I just don't seem to be getting anywhere!! :sad:

Have you tried advertising on FB? Was it worth it? Did you get much more business from it?

Also, Can you please have a look on my FB page and let me know if theres anything I can add/change to make it more enticing?

www.facebook.com/VivaLaVidaTanning

Your help would be greatly appreciated!!

First things first get some portfolio pics on there - people like to see the results of things like tans then they know what they're going to be spending their money on! Secondly search fb for your local for sale groups including any business advertising groups - emphasise that you are a local, small business and that quality is at the forefront of evrything you do. Advertise on these groups 1 - 2 times per day being careful not to spam and stay within the groups rules and guidelines, i built a whole client base on fb advertising alone - the only thing with these groups is you have to be very affordable and use offers to net new clients with the hope that they will come back and be regulars. Twitter is another good way to advertise for free - i joined but didnt really get on with it but i have heard other therapists rave about it. Its also good to have a website - helps people to know that you are legit however you will have to spend some money to get one if its going to be anyway decent. Keep plugging away at it you will get there - building your client base takes time and dedication but once you are there life gets easier.

Hiya hun! Just visited your facebook page and 'liked' it for you.

Please could you return the favour and like my fb page: www.facebook.com/HMY.HealthBeautyHome

Your page looks great to me. One thing you could try, which I was recently advised to do, is to take pics of your work and put them on your page (if customers are willing obviously) and then tag them in the pics so their friends see them.

Word of mouth seems to be what's worked best of all for my business.

Hope things pick up for you soon hun.

All the best hun
blank.gif
xxx

The girls I've had so far are bigger girls and don't want their bodies on facebook. I have a client on Friday that i'll be able to take a pic of, and my hubby will use any excuse to have a tan ;) Other than that, I'll take some pictures, as soon as I can get the clients!

The girls I've had so far are bigger girls and don't want their bodies on facebook. I have a client on Friday that i'll be able to take a pic of, and my hubby will use any excuse to have a tan ;) Other than that, I'll take some pictures, as soon as I can get the clients!

Why not try just photoing a strap mark? Not showing much at all and people wont know who it is just what tan lookd like x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi,I started a Facebook page when I started out not a "like" page I now have over 1000 friends and I'm booked out 4 weeks in advance I don't advertise anywhere else as I like to see who I'm talking too lol I am about to open first shop and still my main supply will be Facebook clients I will do flyer drops and so on for shop but won't be spending to much time worrying about it as Facebook has served me well so far,I was taught in training that for every 10friends even if you get one it's still a free way of advertising and interacting,I have heard your not allowed a business friends page but so many do it,This way clients add and then others see there "new friend" and also add,so maybe start a friends page not a like and add people instead of leaving it for people to find you x

Ok I'll be blunt and honest...

Got bored after first few pictures of the retail range just felt like I was on a shop site as your wall is taken up by this. No pictures nothing to see how good your solution is colour guides etc..

No comments from clients no recommendations .

Look at it from a clients point of view a spray tan can go horribly wrong when it goes good people shout about it but no one is on your wall so reassurance.

Ok so to move on from this, speak to your loyal regular clients as them to tag pics of themselves (dressed) with your tan on. Get them to write on your wall even if it's a simple thank you for my tan.

I always look at other pages for inspiration and get bored of factual information and retail bits I want to see a friendly page where there is client activity.

Run a competition on your page, up your likes get clients to book via Facebook , just getting ten bookings a week on your wall makes you look stupidly busy and in demand.

Good luck xx

Morning geeks

I've started my salon at home, been a week.
I work full time. No clients yet, although people have said they will come. So I'm bring positive.

I already had a fb page under my business name, I went through some page thing so create a page within my business fb as I had not created it as a business page.

How do advertise on fb? Where do u find people? I usually add family & friends only problem is they live too far to ever get their nails done!

Latest posts

Back