Facebook boost-what were your results?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leahukhairstylist

Reaction score
Hat has everyone whos boosted a post seen results on if any?

Did you pay the most and keep it running for ages?

I boosted a post to local woman and had loads of looks apparently but no likes to the actually post or my page. I paid 3 pound just for one day to give it ago.

That budget sounds pretty small to be honest however social media marketing is on the up and one of the most effective forms of marketing nowadays. A lot of people seem to be struggling with understanding and using Facebook ads so I'll probably do a blog post on it tomorrow/over next couple of days to help.

Even if 100 people see your post but don't interact with it doesn't mean it's money wasted. It's probably the only type of marketing where you can get in front of 100 eyes for little money. People don't normally engage with something unless they have a reason to and also the first time they'll probably not take any notice of it. People need to see something several times before they even pay attention to it so you need to new it up. Hope that helps.

I pay £13 on a Sunday. Always Sunday as that's I tend to find my main target group (girls 18-30) are hungover scrolling through Facebook lol! Without meaning to stereotype!

I set my target reach to areas i travel too, age range 18-60 and female. I always get a good response over 9000 people see my post, around 30 likes and loads of messages some of which turn to bookings. Definitely worth it for me. Much cheaper than a page in a local newspaper or magazine cxx

I've just replied on another post(a few posts up) about this. I'm getting great results, but, the more you pay, the more people your ad reaches. I set a budget of €5 per day for 3 days and I've just finished another promotion for €10 for 2days. My page has nearly 550 likes (I've only set it up less than a month ago) and have gotten 2/3 new clients per week from facebook

I've boosted my page but keeps doing the radius 50 miles from me, which is ridiculous! Is there a way to narrow it down?

I've boosted my page but keeps doing the radius 50 miles from me, which is ridiculous! Is there a way to narrow it down?
Yes there is an option in the settings. Are you boosting from a mobile or a pc? You get more options on a computer.

Yes there is an option in the settings. Are you boosting from a mobile or a pc? You get more options on a computer.

Both. I seem to only be able to do it with localised adds. Not boost your page adverts.

Off topic, sorry but why do some people answer with just a letter? X
It means they're following the post. I think you can actually turn on post notifications xc

We opened 6 months ago and we mainly advertise via Facebook Advertising in the local area. We will usually spend around £25 a week - those that are Self Employed such as the Nail Technician also chips in £5 each. We've been pretty much fully booked the past two weeks, which we have been delighted about as we expected it to be dead.

It's so cheap as well when you think about it, how much does 500 leaflets cost you when £5 can hit your target market and we tend to get around 2.5k views. You can't guarantee your leaflets are going to hit your target market when doing mailing drops. (We tend to do a mix of both)

I didn't figure out overnight how best to work it so these are a couple of tips that worked well for me. Although if your Salon is in the same area as mine... Nothing for you to see here ;).

Spread your weekly budget across the week (Sun-Thurs works best) and post in the evenings. This means you will have a constant flow of traffic to your page.

Always have two pictures at least, this means people are more likely to stop and look.

When it's an advert it's only the first few lines they see before deciding to scroll past or to click to read more. If you have an amazing deal on just go straight to the point for example 'C&BD and Gel Nails - £25' for example.

I tend to see a lot of waffle when looking at other pages posts instead of getting to the point right away so that they then click and read further/browse the page etc.

I'd also recommend getting a website - I done www.theimageloungepaisley.com for £100 for the year with an online booking system. A really catchy post which then gives the option to book online really helps.

Hope this helps some of you.

Latest posts

Back