Facebook... Does it work for you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glam Nails

Reaction score
Do any of you have Facebook pages?
Does it work for you and how?

XXX

I have a facebook account for business and have to say no, for me it's a total waste of time. Think I have had one clients from it in 2 years! xxx

Facebook is brill for me! Have got a few pages running now with quite a few fans, and it's great for doing quick updates about what I've been doing.

Works really really well for us. Do exclusive deals for 'friends' on facebook and twitter. Alot of our clients are younger so it works really well!!
Find us on facebook- Melbourne Sun Rooms we have a 'person one' a group and a fan page. Add us and just have a look! I keep it roughly private so people have to add us!

The best advertising for me, I get at least 3 clients a week from facebook.

can i ask how u get clients from it? cos i have it all and dont get any clients from it xx

how exactly do you get a business profile page? i have a personal page?

What am I doing wrong then???? xxx

I can't find you on Facebook Kelbel.

Guys,it worked! I opened a facebook profile and got 3 people that booked! I had to turn down 3 clients, because they all wanted the same time, which i could'nt take because i have an 8-5 office job.

I first opened a fan page about a week ago,only have 6 fans on that,lol.
Then yesterday i created a profile and just added random people,well, it worked!

XXX

Hi Yeah I have a FB group and as I mainly do nails I upload their pics and tag them to the person and then all their friends see them too, I get loads of work from Face Book, I sometimes do special offers and stuff for FB members too and remind them of vouchers at special times of the year, works well.

Login | Facebook

I did mine as a group and invited my friends then they invite theirs and so on... I opened it in November last year so its doing well..

Good luck with yours, Im sure it will work.
Claire x

Could i have some links to your facebooks please? :)

How did you add random people? I thought you had to be their friend?

Don't know how to post a link,sorry.... :-(
But you can search Glam Nailz. There is a fan page & and a profile.

If it's a profile, you can just add random people. They have to send you an invite to join, while a fan page is where mostly only your friends see it....

XXX

argh right so there are different types - Profile/Fan page and group?

How do you set up a profile?

Profile is like when you set up your own profile, i.e, your name and surname, but instead you just put your business name, etc...

Facebook can work really well.

If you are already set up on Facebook with a personal account, you just select the option to "create a page for my business". Click to become a fan and then your friends (on your personal page) will see this and can become fans too. You could also update your status to include the link to your salons facebook account and ask youre friends to pass it on to their friends. No-one would mind doing this and it can spread your message really quickly.

You can also pay for facebook adds but I haven't done this myself so I don't know how well it works. I don't open any facebook adds myself.

Facebook is a great way to spead news of special offers or promotions etc. Make sure if you start doing it, you keep doing it and keep it up to date - otherwise fans might think you have gone out of business.

I hope this helps?

:)

Argh great thanks I was slightly confused as I already had my personal profile/ Fan and group and thought I was missing something else :)

Works really really well for us. Do exclusive deals for 'friends' on facebook and twitter. Alot of our clients are younger so it works really well!!
Find us on facebook- Melbourne Sun Rooms we have a 'person one' a group and a fan page. Add us and just have a look! I keep it roughly private so people have to add us!

Kelbel, do you find your profile or fan page works better?

And if you have your own personal page, how do you create a 'personal' page for your business, without it being a fan page or group?

Last edited:
Kelbel, do you find your profile or fan page works better?

And if you have your own personal page, how do you create a 'personal' page for your business, without it being a fan page or group?

Ok, I've answered my own question now! I've created a personal profile for my children's pamper party business (Sparkle & Glitz) & been busy this evening adding friends from my own list. Some of those friends then suggested me (biz page) to their friends so within about an hour I've got about 30 friends :green: It took me months to get that many on my own profile page, lol.

A lot of my friends (never actually met them or had any interaction with them though!) on my own page are local businesses so I've been busy sending off friend requests to them & all & sundry!

Tell you what though! It's surprising what friend suggestions are thrown up. I got Sir Alan Sugar come up & Duncan Bannatyne. Just have to wait now to see if my friendship is confirmed.

Oh & 1 of my friends on my personal page has got a party plan shoe & handbag business. I've linked up with her & she's going to give out vouchers & leaflets for me to all her customers. What happens when you buy a new pair of shoes? You wear them & your feet kill, so what better then than to have a nice relaxing, soothing pedicure.

Ladies - I cant find an option to create a business page - do I need to create a new profile page for the business and if yes did you have to get another email address to link it to? thank you

Latest posts

Back