Facebook groups - good or bad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlotteR

Reaction score
Hi, yesterday I set up a Facebook Group to promote offers and post pictures as after reading other threads about choosing a page or a group, I thought it was the best way as members receive notifications.

The only thing I've now learnt is that people are not 'invited' to the group, instead if you add them they are automatically in it!

I wondered if firstly, anyone with a group can tell me if they would still advise to have a group over a page?
And also, do you have any tips for using it!

Thank you :)

I think a group will give you more visibility to everyone definatley more than a page, I'm just not sure on the rules of fb allowing this sort of thing in a group?? I'd love to know tho because I'd like to make a group for my shop too, I lost my old fb by breaking the rules so I don't want to do that again :/

I personally hate being added to groups without my consent. It might not bother others but it really gets my goat!

One daft bint added me 4 times to the same group despite me keep leaving it :(

I dont mind the groups I ask to join, but watch out you dont add anyone (like me) that takes umbridge to it! Xx

I agree with Minkeybox. I have been added to groups in the past about all sorts of things and it has riled me on occasion. Thinking about it though I have just left the group if I wasn't interested and it hasn't made me less likely to purchase from them or use their services as I would have been unlikely to have used them anyway!

Thanks for your replies! I'm thinking that hopefully other people might invite friends so I don't look like I'm nagging them myself...

I'm not 100% aware of the group rules so I better look into it now that you've said that!

Haha, I'm so glad I'm not alone in my hatred of groups.... I thoughtt I was just a grumpy old mare! xx

I personally hate being added to groups without my consent. It might not bother others but it really gets my goat!

One daft bint added me 4 times to the same group despite me keep leaving it :(

I dont mind the groups I ask to join, but watch out you dont add anyone (like me) that takes umbridge to it! Xx

the worst is when they huff and strop when you leave the group lol

Latest posts

Back