Facebook page dilemma!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I want to make a facebook page to get my name out there, however! I don't have any pictures! I only do nails but haven't had any clients yet so I haven't got any pictures and haven't took any of my own because I can't seem to get a good pic! It seems a bit pointless having a facebook page with no pictures but at the same time I need to do one to get clients to take the pics! I'm going to start doing mine once a week and taking a pic to post, what would you do? x

I want to make a facebook page to get my name out there, however! I don't have any pictures! I only do nails but haven't had any clients yet so I haven't got any pictures and haven't took any of my own because I can't seem to get a good pic! It seems a bit pointless having a facebook page with no pictures but at the same time I need to do one to get clients to take the pics! I'm going to start doing mine once a week and taking a pic to post, what would you do? x

You could post promo pics for the brands that you use as well as talking about any offers you've got on! hth x

You could post promo pics for the brands that you use as well as talking about any offers you've got on! hth x

Yeah I think I will I just don't want people thinking i'm not very good because there is no pics! :( xx

When I do my nails my husband takes the photo and takes several so that at least one will be suitable. I rarely take pictures of my nails myself as it's hard to get a good photo.

If I were you I would get painting and get photographing on your own nails as well as any willing volunteers you can get in for photographing purposes. It gives clients confidence in you when they can see the standard of your work and it also gets your page out there when people like and share your photos.

Write on the page that you are doing an offer as you want pictures to build up a profile?xxx

Get your self some display pops & show off your art skills your colour range, offers, introduce yourself, products, your room/station, everybody had to start some where :)
Your pics will build in no time! Good luck

Do you have a bestie that will let you borrow her hands? Also think TFP. In modeling we do "Time for Prints". A model and a photog do a session for free on both sides so that they can both use the images in their portfolios. Can you do discounts nails for images? They get discounted manis and you get to use the pics for your page?

Thats how I plan on getting practice hands. Hit up my girlfriends and offer them a discounted rate since I'm "training" and the use of images for my future page (if the work turns out really well). Don't do it for free though! Unless its like your mom or something. Id give my moms free manis.

Could you not practice on friends family member even if you don't want to charge ask for a small donation just to help you on your way and also they practice hands? Their not the best but would help get some pics together xx

Thanks for the replies everyone, haven't got any friends to practice on as we've moved to a new town and only female family members I have is my sis and mum. Mum can't wear polish for work although she's retiring next week so she's going to be my guinea pig! Sis won't let me as she believes shellac ruins your nails even after everything I've told her!! I think I'll stick to doing my own nails a lot and advertising offers, advice etc thanks everyone xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

There are royalty free images out there that you can use for promotional purposes

Latest posts

Back