Facial brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
Can u please advise of a mid range facial products.
I'm a salon owner and will be getting in a beauty therapist..
She says elemis and and dermalogic but open to suggestions x

Can u please advise of a mid range facial products.
I'm a salon owner and will be getting in a beauty therapist..
She says elemis and and dermalogic but open to suggestions x
Dermalogica or Md formulations.
Personally dermalogica all the way, very good products even for the most sensitive skin.

I would avoid Dermalogica like the plague, common as muck and found it really doesn't work, over rated and over priced also. what kind of range are you looking for, is it more results driven or more pampering? go have a few different facials and see what you like and look to see if the brand fits with your business plan. if it doesn't then why are you stocking it? apart from the brand mentioned in my post i'm not going to be recommending anymore as there are way too many threads on this already and yet no one seems to understand that choosing a brand is a personal choice.

I think 'common as muck' is a bit of an insulting term to the dernalogica therapists that have spent thousand in a brand they truly believe in and have ongoing training in an ever expanding range.
Each to there own though.
Have lots of facials and get lots of samples and see what's best for you.

Image skincare!

Neal's Yard

Guinot! Although not mid range....sorry!

If you are going to be investing in any range of products, it may be an idea to have some sort of idea of what your target market is.
Are you wishing to offer luxury and pampering facials; prescriptive, advanced and results driven treatments or more of the holistic kind?
All too often people choose a skin care line purely on price or don't objectively look into it and asses their current clientele or think about their target market. Only once you know what you specifically want can you start to make decisions.
Take your time, do thorough research and make the right choice for your business.

Hello,

I would really look at Katherine Daniels Cosmetics, they are a really great British brand that offer some fantastic treatments and a retail line!

Eve Taylor are great.

I think you will find most salon owners telling you the range they stock is the best! I agree with what Matthew has written above.
I'm a Dermalogica Skincare Centre (and yes I find "Common as muck" insulting!), it does work despite what smallandcute has written, Dermalogica is expensive to set up your account but training is unlimited and you get a lot of stock.
I've worked with many different brands and each one has their benefits - take a look at your clientele, what other salons stock in your area, what do you want from a brand with ref training, budget, results driven, salon only etc. Many factors to consider before parting with your hard earned cash! [emoji4]

Depending on your clientele, there are so many brands out their now, See what your clients are willing to spend on products. I would recommend getting in touch with different brand's and asking for sample's (saying you are very interested in the products but have never used them before), i'm sure they would be willing to give you sample's. See which one's you prefer because you can't sell products unless you believe in them yourself. Only thing is with most big brand's they require a £2,000 first order, which is a lot of money depending on your salon. :) xx

Latest posts

Back