facial scrub & mask ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annenails

Reaction score
HI guys
just a quick question..Im a little confused ..Our teacher at beauty college ,has told us that we can,t use a facial scrub & a facial mask on the face in the same treatment..but then I have heard from others that you can ...can anyone enlighten me...please...:cry:

Have you been given a routine for a facial? Maybe you should ask her to clarify this. I would normally:-
Cleanse the eyes and the lips
Superficial cleanse
Deep cleanse
Exfoliate (i.e. facial scrub)
Steam or hot compress
Massage
Mask
Tone
Eye & lip products
Moisturise

I feel that exfoliation, whether it's mechanical or biological, and a mask are normal within a facial.

HTH's
Zoe

Sounds very odd to me. Why not ask her to clarify as maybe you misheard? Let us know. xxx

One of The reasons for exfoliation is to remove dead skin cells and prepare the skin to be more receptive to the ingredients in a mask,moisturiser or massage medium.
Some facial ranges are harsh and if the exfoliants are very abrasive and the masks very perfumed and have alcohol in then this can sting like mad if used together.I can think of a few cheap ranges that they use in colleges that do this,so maybe they are talking about that particular range.
Otherwise generally exfoliants,peels and masks go hand in hand.

Thank's for the replies..here is my routine that we where taught for a basic facial..
cleanse
tone
scrub if not giving a mask.
steam
mask
moisturise:)
anyway I adapt this to add in any extra treatments that might be needed...eg= a facial massage.or lactic acid facial peel .or anything else they might need

Thank's for the replies..here is my routine that we where taught for a basic facial..
cleanse
tone
scrub if not giving a mask.
steam
mask
moisturise:)
anyway I adapt this to add in any extra treatments that might be needed...eg= a facial massage.or lactic acid facial peel .or anything else they might need
Once you're in a salon, you'll work according to whatever brand of skincare they use.

As other geeks have said, exfoliation aids the efficiency of masks and i would always include some form of exfo (unless there was a reason it was not advisable) as well as a mask. :)

Have you been given a routine for a facial? Maybe you should ask her to clarify this. I would normally:-
Cleanse the eyes and the lips
Superficial cleanse
Deep cleanse
Exfoliate (i.e. facial scrub)
Steam or hot compress
Massage
Mask
Tone
Eye & lip products
Moisturise

I feel that exfoliation, whether it's mechanical or biological, and a mask are normal within a facial.

HTH's
Zoe

this is the routine i was taught and still use

butr maybe she meant not to use scrub and mask for a particular skin type

Could you be using a specific mask that includes ingredients to exfoliate too such as an acid or something?

Latest posts

Back