Facial steamer gone wrong!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkish_delight

Reaction score
My facial steamer went wrong todat during a facial!!! So annoyed!! Last week the ozone button stopped lighting up even though it was turned on and today the whole steamer overflowed out of the refill hole on top and spilt all over the floor. Its also making funny noises and spluttering through the head of the steamer that goes near clients faces!!! Has this happened to anyone?? I was going to try and de scale it tomorrow but other than that i dont know what to do. Any advice greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance xx

That happened to ours and it just needed de scaling, it worked fab after that x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

If you can, try calling the manufacturer. If it's a Carlton Professional steamer we can service it for you to make sure it's working safely. I'm sure other manufacturers can do the same.

Was it too full? I find if infill mine passed half way it spits.

Thanks for the replies. It wasnt too full it was actually lower than the normal level i usually have it at but not too low either. I will try descaling it and see what happens. Thankyou again xx

Mine does that as well so I have stopped using it!! Will try rescaling myself, thank you :hug:

Just a quick update geeks to help with any similar problems anyones having. The thermostat has gone and it is not stopping tge heating process and keeping it stable so its just over boiling. Have no idea how to fix it though so will keep updated when i know more. Xx

My steamer went wrong quite quickly, on / off button stopped working, got that fixed, however now it's started spluttering out water!! I have dumped mine and I am going to have to get a new one, don't want to take any chances regarding scolding clients!!

Hi,

Silhouette that make my Dermalift machine have a company called Techcare that repair beauty equipment. If you give them a call they should be able to tell you if they can fix it. I forget their number but i think it's on their website which I'm pretty sure is Silhouettebeauty.com

Good luck, hope they can help.

Failing that isn't it under warranty?

Jan
x

Latest posts

Back