Facial training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sukhy

Reaction score
Hi ladies I found this course close by to me. Do you ladies think it is worth it and also does it allow me to work in salon.

What's the course?

Vic x

Also, regarding working in a salon, what other treatments do you offer?

Vic x

Also, regarding working in a salon, what other treatments do you offer?

Vic x
This is the course description.
Qualification Gained: GTi Award in Facial Treatments (Fully insurable)/ 32 CPD Points

Course Pre Requisite: None

Total Days: 1 Day Practical Training plus approximately 16 hours of study time will be required to complete the theory element of this course. In addition you will be expected to practise Facial Treatments on your friends and family for as many hours as you require to feel confident performing a treatment.

In all honesty, as a salon owner, I would require minimum of a level 2 nvq/vrq or ideally level 3 so I know a therapist is qualified to a certain level in all areas. Lots of short courses can be hard to insure. Most 'good' training courses have awarding bodies.

This course would possibly be okay if you were working from home but even then you would need to contact insurance companies to be positive that is recognised. When I think of the training I did in college for the facial element, alongside a full a and p course, this doesn't seem a lot.

Sorry

Vic x

In all honesty, as a salon owner, I would require minimum of a level 2 nvq/vrq or ideally level 3 so I know a therapist is qualified to a certain level in all areas. Lots of short courses can be hard to insure. Most 'good' training courses have awarding bodies.

This course would possibly be okay if you were working from home but even then you would need to contact insurance companies to be positive that is recognised. When I think of the training I did in college for the facial element, alongside a full a and p course, this doesn't seem a lot.

Sorry

Vic x
What is a and p?

Hiya,
I've been looking into facial courses too and wanting to do an NVQ level 2. I found this site really helpful. Under the approved centres, it gives you training centres close to your location. I'm doing the 2 day diploma and advancing it to nvq level 2 with the same company for a small fee.
http://qualifications.vtct.org.uk/finder/qualfinder/qual.php?qual=AB20122
Katy x

Latest posts

Back