Facial wax skinning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynsey1986

Reaction score
Hi,
Just looking for advice. I have started a new job 6 months ago but have been in the beauty industry for 12 years and have never had a complaint.
I have had a complaint this week that I took the skin off when I waxed a clients eyebrows and the client has gone on about how bad of a service I did as well which I am upset about because I feel I provide a good service. The company is thinking about sacking me. I did correct procedures asked the client if she was on any creams ex.. But really don't no what could of caused it.
Does anyone have any tips on how to prevent this as another girl who works there has had the same problem.

How hot is your wax? And do you pull skin taut? Especially looser skin on older clients.

The wax pot is a HD wax pot so it's set at the same temperature all the time which isn't very hot. I use cloth strips to.
I apply the wax in one full go and pull the skin tight and pull it off in 2 different sections then apply after wax cream.

Have these clients recently been in the sun/ on a tanning bed? Or have dry skin? I find dryer skins are prone to this so I thread those clients instead - I always check they aren't on any acne medication or had any peels/ microdermabrasion treatments of late.

There are a lot of threads on the causes of skin coming off when waxing. Have a search and it should come up. Sometimes it's just bad luck!

Vic x

Pre wax oil or talc applied before waxing helps x

Personally I don't use strip wax on the face, hot wax is much more gentle, and with a tiny amount of oil underneath helps protect the skin.

To be honest, if you've been a therapist for 12 years with no complaints then this is just one of those things as you clearly know how to wax brows.

Sometimes these things happen for no reason but thankfully they are rare. My concern would be that the salon are thinking about sacking you after this one thing that has happened. Do you really want to work for such an unsupportive company?

Don't let this knock your confidence. Think about what the client said about how you behaved during her during the treatment and if any of it is true, then learn from it and move on.

Aw thank you so much everyone [emoji5]️

Latest posts

Back