facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I want to start doing facials again, I thought of a 40min facial such as:

* cleanse
*tone
*exfoliate
*mask
*eye cream
* moisturiser

do you think:

1. this would be ok?
2. Do I need to steam?
3. Is it nescerarry to do extractions?

Hi Geeks,
I want to start doing facials again, I thought of a 40min facial such as:

* cleanse
*tone
*exfoliate
*mask
*eye cream
* moisturiser

do you think:

1. this would be ok?
2. Do I need to steam?
3. Is it nescerarry to do extractions?
Why do a facial that only takes 40 mins and not the usual hour or hour 15?What range will you be using?this is what usually determines what you use.

Steaming dosn't necessarily have to be done,neither does extraction although you could have this as an extra.

Steaming can be done with either hot mitts or steamer.We use neither in our salon but I use heated gloves when mobile.HTH

Why do a facial that only takes 40 mins and not the usual hour or hour 15?What range will you be using?this is what usually determines what you use.

Steaming dosn't necessarily have to be done,neither does extraction although you could have this as an extra.

Steaming can be done with either hot mitts or steamer.We use neither in our salon but I use heated gloves when mobile.HTH

hi there, I want to offer a mini facial.

what do you find is the way to do extactions?

We have our mini facials at half an hour treament times.For extraction I would use hor flannel,then use comedone extractor or tissue wrapped round fingers and squeeze.I wouldn't have that in with a mini facial though,there's barely enough time for everything as it is.

Ok, great, thank you. I will do a 30 min facial.

I normally used the tissue method for extractions. How does the comedone extractor work?

Ok, great, thank you. I will do a 30 min facial.

I normally used the tissue method for extractions. How does the comedone extractor work?
The ring on the extractor circles round the blackhead,enticing it to lift out,its kept sterile so no bacteria can enter.Rather than squeezing up with our fingers,it sqeezes down,forcing the blackhead/comedone out.

thank you so much, I think I will investe in one.

would I do steam first then use it?

thank you so much, I think I will investe in one.

would I do steam first then use it?
Yes because you want to open the pores,where did you do your training??

I did my training quite afew years ago at the local college here. I must admit I was not impressed with the lecturar. I did another course there last year in pedicures as I thought it would be nice to use it almost like a refresher. well, what a waste of money!

I did my training quite afew years ago at the local college here. I must admit I was not impressed with the lecturar. I did another course there last year in pedicures as I thought it would be nice to use it almost like a refresher. well, what a waste of money!
Oh I see,only I see no mention in your profile of your beauty experience.

What products will you be using for your facials?

the reason for that is I am mainly a nails and airbrush gal. so I am slowly getting back into the facials.

I will be usining a south african product called Essentials

Ok,well good luck.:green:

thank you for all your help.

Latest posts

Back