Fake Bake 60 Minutes no effect! What am I doing wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monika

Reaction score
Hi Ladies. I have recently started using Fake Bake 60minutes tanning liquid. I have had about 3 clients that are happy so far but one client just isnt.. it's the second time I've sprayed her, first time was using Fresh Indulgence 9.5% - you can see on first photo.. tan is barely there.. I have now sprayed her with the Fake Bake 60min and advised to leave it on for 3h.. she has done and messaged me saying there is no effect! Is her skin just not good for tanning? I'm considering maybe buying the Darker formula.. but if that still doesn't work I don't really want to be left with a full bottle of solution I might not have clients interested in.. Andy advice would be appreciated! X

Attachments

• received_1058234387640442.jpeg
    received_1058234387640442.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 57
  • received_1093947677402446.jpeg
    received_1093947677402446.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 54
Is your client following all prep advice? Could she be using a moisturiser or a moisturising shower gel etc that is forming a barrier?

Rapid tans still develop after rinse and when rinsed it should be done in luke warm water with no soap or body wash. How many ml do you use per tan? xx

Thanks for your replies. I was going to say.. fake bake isn't that cheap really.. maybe your right though, I am starting to think if it's worth the money. Im still planning on trying Moroccan Tan. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Yes I've told her about the prep. She has sensitive skin and uses the right products, I've asked her which ones. What would you say about spraying her again? I sprayed her on Thursday so that makes it 3 days..

Rapid tans still develop after rinse and when rinsed it should be done in luke warm water with no soap or body wash. How many ml do you use per tan? xx
I use about 50ml. I think she might have had a hot shower and used body wash.. My fault for not pointing that out to her

I think it either looks like 1. Shes had a barrier of some sort, could be her shower gel if it has added moisturizer (dove is the worst) or 2. She really washing herself on the first rinse and its taking too much of the tan off xx

I think fake bake is quite expensive for what it is. They not even ltr bottles xx

They are different prices in Ireland. But I just don't think Fakebake is a good tan at all. it's low end quality.

Thanks for your replies. I was going to say.. fake bake isn't that cheap really.. maybe your right though, I am starting to think if it's worth the money. Im still planning on trying Moroccan Tan. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Yes I've told her about the prep. She has sensitive skin and uses the right products, I've asked her which ones. What would you say about spraying her again? I sprayed her on Thursday so that makes it 3 days..

Honestly I have had clients asking me not to use Fakebake, its a bad tan. There are much better solutions out there. Get samples of other solutions and try them out.

They are different prices in Ireland. But I just don't think Fakebake is a good tan at all. it's low end quality.
Ahh i forgot you were in Ireland. I agree im not a fake bake lover either i think its quite orange. In fact i don't think there are many 'well known' brands that i do like to be honest xx

Ahh i forgot you were in Ireland. I agree im not a fake bake lover either i think its quite orange. In fact i don't think there are many 'well known' brands that i do like to be honest xx

Lol in my hair and beauty whole sale is dearer than what you pay for in England and I still won't buy it. The only brands I used are whitetobrown, tantruth, crazy Angel, Sienna X and luckily they were all samples I got when I did they courses with each brand and I never used them again, except for whitetobrown and even then I didn't like it but forced myself to. I used 10% but it wasn't dark enough for me it was like a light tan and 12.5% is so dark on me its orange, and the fade of is ridiculous it's bloody scaly and orange.

I just can't sell something to my clients I won't use. I use MT religiously and my clients see it on me and compliment my colour and so I use it on them, easiest sale of life lol :D:D:D
What tan do you use?

Last edited:
One of my college pals used fake bake solution and her tan was stunning. A gorgeous rich brown tone however she tried another of their range and didn't like it at all so I think it's the same as most brands....trial and error.
I doubt your client's issues were down to application or solution.

Lol in my hair and beauty whole sale is dearer than what you pay for in England and I still won't buy it. The only brands I used are whitetobrown, tantruth, crazy Angel, Sienna X and luckily they were all samples I got when I did they courses with each brand and I never used them again, except for whitetobrown and even then I didn't like it but forced myself to. I used 10% but it wasn't dark enough for me it was like a light tan and 12.5% is so dark on me its orange, and the fade of is ridiculous it's bloody scaly and orange.

I just can't sell something to my clients I won't use. I use MT religiously and my clients see it on me and compliment my colour and so I use it on them, easiest sale of life lol :D:D:D
What tan do you use?
I use a few different ones mostly crazy angel and fresh indulgence. I do love fresh indulgence but im busy fully changing over to a different brand at the minute as fresh indulgence doesnt go dark enough for some of my clients and i needed a company that also does violet and brown based tans because i have clients with different skin tones. As you'll know yourself tanning solution isn't a one fits all xx

I use a few different ones mostly crazy angel and fresh indulgence. I do love fresh indulgence but im busy fully changing over to a different brand at the minute as fresh indulgence doesnt go dark enough for some of my clients and i needed a company that also does violet and brown based tans because i have clients with different skin tones. As you'll know yourself tanning solution isn't a one fits all xx

Tell me about it. What is the brown base tan like? What skin tone suits it best?

Tell me about it. What is the brown base tan like? What skin tone suits it best?
Brown is for a cool skin tone, violet is for yellow, and green is for red. Brown base gives a really nice deep toned tan xx

Brown is for a cool skin tone, violet is for yellow, and green is for red. Brown base gives a really nice deep toned tan xx

Lol I'm still waiting on a red skinned human to walk in for a spray lol

Haha no i mean a pink undertone not actually bright red xx

I know but green is supposed to neutralize red. That's why they don't work on the skin, Orange.

I have had that with Fake Bake before. Just randomly a couple of times it didn't take, just left a slight green tinge to my skin.

I know but green is supposed to neutralize red. That's why they don't work on the skin, Orange.

@AshLovesTanning

Help me out here hun! Had a hen party of 4 girls in a few weeks ago, MT 14% was used on all of them. Ive had feedback from one girl saying she was a bit disapointed/upset as she went really orange with an awful fade off. She was not the palest of the group & ive seen some pics of them once they developed ( FB stalkey McStalk) & it just does not look orange!

In all the years Ive used MT this is my first orange complaint... i agree that everyones perception of colour is different & agree that going straight in with 14% could be too dark, but not orange surely!

Have you ever seen MT come out orange poppet? Xx

Latest posts

Back