Fake Bake 60 Minutes no effect! What am I doing wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@AshLovesTanning

Help me out here hun! Had a hen party of 4 girls in a few weeks ago, MT 14% was used on all of them. Ive had feedback from one girl saying she was a bit disapointed/upset as she went really orange with an awful fade off. She was not the palest of the group & ive seen some pics of them once they developed ( FB stalkey McStalk) & it just does not look orange!

In all the years Ive used MT this is my first orange complaint... i agree that everyones perception of colour is different & agree that going straight in with 14% could be too dark, but not orange surely!

Have you ever seen MT come out orange poppet? Xx

Ok so 14% coco is a green base. Green on pale skin goes orange, especially with a higher %. The picture on FB is not a true visual purpose as the lighting and camera can make a natural olive tan look Orange. It's possible she didn't prepare and post care properly. 14% is quite dark for pale skin anyway and I definitely would not have use it on pale clients. A dark solution will make pale skin orange as will green bases.
I have tanned myself when I was an amateur with 12.5% and I went Orange.
When my clients want to go dark I advise them but I also do what I know to be best for them, The client doesn't know better you know better as the professional. Just cause the client wants to be dark doesn't mean it suits her or its gonna happen.

It's always best to use a beautiful violet base for pale skin and you can literally go as dark as you want.
It absolutely could have been orange but unless you can see her face to face there really is no telling.

Maybe you can contact her and see I'd there is anything you can do?

Last edited:
How do the green and violet bases work? Do they dye the skin?

is there a possibility that your client could be on her period or pregnant?
it can sometimes happen where hormonal changes can disturb the skin and cause a tan not to develop , this had happened to quite a few of my pregnant clients especially those who didnt know at the time - also happened to me when i fell pregnant.

i also have a client whos tan lasted 3 weeks while pregnat.

just a thought

but i would avoid fake bake

Latest posts

Back