Fake Bake Peb-L2 tanning machine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeBakeLover99

Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with this tanning machine?
After spending lots of pennies on this a couple of years ago I am now admitting to myself that I hate it and it stresses me out. When tanning I feel like sometimes the gun tightens up and sometimes the tan stops coming out of it. I recently marked a white line on where I like the setting to see if it moves but it doesn't it just seems to sometimes stick. This results in a sore wrist/arm and stress after maybe a second tan in a row. :-(
I have recently moved to Nouvatan also so I think I am just going to bite the bullet and purchase their kit.

xxx

Vicky

Hi,
I am not familiar with Fake Bakes products but have you given them a call to see if there is something they can do to help?
It could be a simple set up / adjustment issue? Have you stripped the gun down, cleaned and reassembled? Some suppliers have a maintenance service which may resolve the issue.
Sorry I can't help any further - hopefully someone with experience with this particular unit will reply soon. :)

thanks hun :) I think I will, I never did at first because I though it was in my head so I kinda gave up on tanning for a bit (because of the fake bake solution as well) so they kind of just left me disheartened. I had a second hand tanning machine before it was sooo old but was amazing. I miss it lol xxx

LOL - RIP old trusty ;)
All might not be lost with your latest unit though - hope you get it sorted :)

:) thanks me too ! i was pressing it so hard yesterday I have a small cut on the bottom of my thumb. crazy lol xx

:) thanks me too ! i was pressing it so hard yesterday I have a small cut on the bottom of my thumb. crazy lol xx
When I bought my fakebake machine I got a spare 'thingy' with it. Like a washer (sorry not more specific lol) so I'm assuming that this needs replacing regularly. Did you get anything like that with yours?

When I bought my fakebake machine I got a spare 'thingy' with it. Like a washer (sorry not more specific lol) so I'm assuming that this needs replacing regularly. Did you get anything like that with yours?

hey hun no i never :) not that i know of anyway lol. Notice my profile name I should have maybe avoided writing a company name lol xx

I believe what your referring to will be the gland seal, most applicators come with one spare. Best to try watching some tutorials on maintenance and see if you can see any issues with the parts as you disassemble or call fake bake and see if they have spares should they believe this could be the issue too :)

Does anyone else have issues with this tanning machine?
After spending lots of pennies on this a couple of years ago I am now admitting to myself that I hate it and it stresses me out. When tanning I feel like sometimes the gun tightens up and sometimes the tan stops coming out of it. I recently marked a white line on where I like the setting to see if it moves but it doesn't it just seems to sometimes stick. This results in a sore wrist/arm and stress after maybe a second tan in a row. :-(
I have recently moved to Nouvatan also so I think I am just going to bite the bullet and purchase their kit.

xxx

Vicky
I have the same problem with mine! And mine is the Peb-L as well. And I don't know if the solution sticks or what. But it will just stop working. Then I have to adjust the dial so the solution is coming out full. And it has been happening more and more. On one of my guns I replaced the dial and it worked good with no problems for quite awhile. Now it's having problems again. Did you end up just getting a new system? And do you use fake bake solutions?

Hey Hun! If I do one tan its fine its if u do more than one in a row and at first I thought it's cause my hand was sore pushing fun in and so i wasn't pushing it properly. I don't do many tans at the moment so I s stuck with it the nod but have moved to nouvatan solutuon. It's so frustrating isn't it xxxx

Hey Hun! If I do one tan its fine its if u do more than one in a row and at first I thought it's cause my hand was sore pushing fun in and so i wasn't pushing it properly. I don't do many tans at the moment so I s stuck with it the nod but have moved to nouvatan solutuon. It's so frustrating isn't it xxxx
Yesterday I did three spray tans in a row and I'm starting to think it's the solution I use. The solution I used yesterday is Kahuna Bay Artesian. And I had no problems with any of it. And usually I am switching between different solutions for different clients. And I notice some solutions are thicker and stickier?!? When I pour them - if that makes sense. But my system is fairly new and I just can't justify a new one... Hopefully that is what the problem was.

Latest posts

Back