Fake CND certificates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl91

Reaction score
Seen a photo of a girls cert on her Facebook page stating that she was qualified in shellac 3 week gel manicure! I nearly burst into flames with anger. Shellac is a two week hybrid polish. The cert was from some generic makeup school aswell! I am so fed up of these wannabes! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's frustrating 😒 I just forget about them and concentrate on being the best I can be.

Not gonna lie though... You're phrase of "bursting into flames with anger" did tickle me a bit. I think ill pinch that saying if you don't mind 😜

A friend of mine is offering them too on her Facebook.I googled the company but couldn't find out much about it.I really don't believe that they can last 3 weeks,what about the growth x

Seen a photo of a girls cert on her Facebook page stating that she was qualified in shellac 3 week gel manicure! I nearly burst into flames with anger. Shellac is a two week hybrid polish. The cert was from some generic makeup school aswell! I am so fed up of these wannabes! :(

But does it say "CND" on it? If not, it's legal. If it says CND then it's illegal.

Its called 3 week manicure, the one ive seen.its not cnd x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Regardless of who or what I understand your burst into flames of anger ( that's brilliant I going to make this famous ) as this is a problem throughout the beauty industry and annoys me so much I have to pray I don't wrote a nasty quip back I even thought about making a fake fb name and chirping all these dumb ppl exactly what I think of them but I suppose they would figure out it was me in the end ... But it is tempting!

Beauty at your finger tips!

I'm qualified in Perfect Match which is a 3 week gel polish. It does last this long but depends on clients growth, most of my clients come every 2/3 weeks and no chipping etc.x

It's not other brands I have a problem with at all. I actually use a bit of perfect match myself sometimes. My problem is people with "shellac" certs that aren't from a legitimate source. 😉💅

Surly if its "shellac" wording its against cnd copyright? I would let cnd know with a pic of it if poss,

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

As long as it doesn't state "CND" then it's not illegal, shellac is a generic name for a certain ingredient.

If it states CND then yes it's wrong but it may be that they have trained in another brand of shellac and that's why it says 3 week shellac x

Sent from my Galaxy S4

As long as it doesn't state "CND" then it's not illegal, shellac is a generic name for a certain ingredient.

If it states CND then yes it's wrong but it may be that they have trained in another brand of shellac and that's why it says 3 week shellac x

Sent from my Galaxy S4

There is no "another brand of Shellac", only CND Shellac. There is other gel polishes yes, but it seems they have used the word Shellac as a generic term for gel polishes which is totally incorrect.

I would inform Sweet Squared of any information you may have & they will look into it hun.

My cnd certificate is massive im looking for a frame for it

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

There is no "another brand of Shellac", only CND Shellac. There is other gel polishes yes, but it seems they have used the word Shellac as a generic term for gel polishes which is totally incorrect.

I would inform Sweet Squared of any information you may have & they will look into it hun.

The brand "CND Shellac" is the one that patented. Shellac is an ingredient it is added to lots of different types of varnish.

The problem is that lots of people as for shellac as it has become a generic term for gel nails.

There are lots of different brands of shellac such as blue sky shellac, the reason they are fight it is because they make them look like CND Shellac making people think they are getting CND and not a generic brand. You cannot patent Shellac as it is an ingredient

Sent from my Galaxy S4

The brand "CND Shellac" is the one that patented. Shellac is an ingredient it is added to lots of different types of varnish.

The problem is that lots of people as for shellac as it has become a generic term for gel nails.

There are lots of different brands of shellac such as blue sky shellac, the reason they are fight it is because they make them look like CND Shellac making people think they are getting CND and not a generic brand. You cannot patent Shellac as it is an ingredient

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I already know Shellac is a type of resin etc, (originally boat resin) and is used in many industries, but there is only one Shellac in the nail industry. CND fought Bluesky & won, so Bluesky is now Bluesky Gel Polish and legally cannot be called bluesky Shellac. I do agree though that "shellac" is used and asked for instead of a brand of gel polish.

Anyway, S2 would still be interested in any training academies not run by their own ambassadors training CND Shellac or stating they are giving "Shellac" training.

Last edited:
I already know Shellac is a type of resin etc, (originally boat resin) and is used in many industries, but there is only one Shellac in the nail industry. CND fought Bluesky & won, so Bluesky is now Bluesky Gel Polish and legally cannot be called bluesky Shellac. I do agree though that "shellac" is used and asked for instead of a brand of gel polish.

Anyway, S2 would still be interested in any training academies not run by their own ambassadors training CND Shellac or stating they are giving "Shellac" training.

Can you point me in the right direction for the legality of this? X

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I may be wrong but if a training provider is offering SHELLAC certs , then trading standards should be alerted , i think they would be the only ones to take action. My loathing is with these companies not the unsuspecting person parting with the hard cash to be trained.

Can you point me in the right direction for the legality of this? X

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I'm pretty sure there was a editorial written on here last year-ish written by The Ed (if that's right) confirming this. Hence why the name of Bluesky has changed. I'm looking off my mobile so will see if I can do a bit of searching :)

I can't find official confirmation (and there is a lot of threads) but here is one saying along the same lines as myself ...http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/264546-blue-sky-vs-cnd.html

Last edited:

I have mine made for me,I love them x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402918622.593946.jpg

B&Q did have some lovely white frames ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402998824.585631.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back