Fake tan and psoriasis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meeyalily

Reaction score
My 21st is coming up and I'm wanting to tan for it. Ever since I was born I've had psoriasis :sad: I'm not covered head to foot but for me it's still bad and mainly on my arms and elbows and around my nose.
I want to use a fake tan whether its spray or DIY and wanted to see if anyone had a best brand?

I use sally hanson but it's basically just like make up and even though its good it comes of pretty much by the next morning and wanted more of a semi permanent so im not constantly worrying about having to re do it..

Sorry to hear that you suffer with Psoriasis, my suggestion would be for you to find a GOOD false tan technician. Either manual application or Spray tan. During your initial consultation you can discuss these issues. Unfortunately I don't think anyone would or should spray you if it was going through a bad stage, you know all inflamed, red or any breaks in the skin. But if it has settled down and looking OK they would probably do a tan for you.

I sprayed a girl recently with Psoriasis on her feet and she tells me her doctor recommended a spray tan for her because she was always using sunbeds. Fortunately hers wasn't too bad.

Hope this helps, sorry I couldn't give you the answer you wanted. But Spray tan solutions are especially formulated to last longer than a few days and are full of moisturizing skin soothing ingredients

Latest posts

Back