Family Circle mag - urgent request!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachaelg

Reaction score
Hello geeks,
I've been asked to comment on martini and manicure nights in the UK (started by wondernails!). I know some people are thinking about starting these nights up, and I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me if you are planning one of these nights, and where you are based. You don't have to have run one yet, just be in the process of setting one up!
It's part of an article looking at what's going to be hot next year...
Many thanks as always,
Rachael xx

Rachael Glazier
Freelance journalist
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 1273 327 677
Mobile:+44 7939 258 172

i'd love to set one up but havent heard of it before. Do you take a bottle of martini with you??!! I presume so.

I am a freelance beauty therapist based in Camberley.

Looking to grow my business and I am sure this would be right up my street. Surrey and Berkshire has some very discerning ladies whom I'm sure would enjoy such an evening.

If you want to get in touch please PM me. I could get some fliers up and running and posted by the end of next week!

think you go to do manicures in a pub. That's the impression I've been given x

OMG! Manicures in a pub, can u imagine if it got a bit rowdy and bottles started flying!!

There is another thread on it but I'm useless at technology and can't work out how to post it here, but if you look up martini in the search function you should find some info. Better still, read the september issue of Professional Nails where there's an article on it! It's offering nail services in a bar (best to avoid the ones where bottles are likely to be thrown, eek!), generally it is paired with an offer on cocktails. It started in America, if you google martini and manicure you'll find loads of bars over there offering it, the most famous of which is the Beauty Bar (there are four now, the original one is in New York, very glam!).
I don't actually need any names for this, I just wanted to see if anyone is thinking of running any nights next year, just a bit of general feedback really to see if these nights are going to take off next year in the UK - I think they are such a good idea and wish someone would start one in Brighton, I'd be queuing up (and so would my friends, go on someone, please!)!
Wondernails has started running these nights and seems to be doing really well, and I reckon Camberley would be a top place to run a night (my flatmate's from there, lovely place). The most important thing is finding the right bar, it has to be attractive to women for a fab night out, then of course the usual flyering, telling your and the bar's customers - for expert advice I'd pm wondernails as she was very business-like about the whole thing which is why it has been a success for her.
I'm waffling on now! Feel free to pm me if you'd like to ask any questions, more than happy to help.
Rachael xx

Latest posts

Back