FAO Tanning geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle0904

Reaction score
Hi

i have just popped over from nails to ask if a bottle of tan lotion (st tropez) will still only last the 6 mths if it is still sealed.

instead of buying a large bottle i bought 2 small bottles in the hope they will last longer as the second one will remain sealed until i finished the first one.

Solution should last 12 months on the shelf and then a further 6 months from opening under ideal storage conditions.

Is there a DOM (date of manufacture) on the bottle?

Solution should last 12 months on the shelf and then a further 6 months from opening under ideal storage conditions.

Is there a DOM (date of manufacture) on the bottle?

thanks for that, not too sure on date will have a look when i get home :)

As long as its not gone green or smells funny then it will be fine. I have a bottle of xen tan lotion that has been open well over a year and it is still as good as new xx

As long as its not gone green or smells funny then it will be fine. I have a bottle of xen tan lotion that has been open well over a year and it is still as good as new xx

Not necessarily true as depending on what the base colour is will depend on whether it goes green or not. Solutions with alcohol also tend not to smell funny if they are off because the smell of alcohol overpowers everything else.

I would always follow manufacturers recommendations. The last thing you want is a client with a reaction due to off spray tan solution.

Not necessarily true as depending on what the base colour is will depend on whether it goes green or not. Solutions with alcohol also tend not to smell funny if they are off because the smell of alcohol overpowers everything else.

I would always follow manufacturers recommendations. The last thing you want is a client with a reaction due to off spray tan solution.

I agree, going green is not an indicator of the solution being "off" Usually it is just a bit on the bottle neck or lid that has oxidised, and many solutions smell funny even when fresh. Stick with the manufacturers guidlines and you should be fine.

Latest posts

Back