Fast track hairdressing NVQ

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Jharris44749

Reaction score
Hi I’m looking to do a hairdressing fast track course. Can you recommend a company in England or Wales please. Preferably one I can attend 1/2 days a week

thanks in advance

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
It depends on your budget and expectations. Hairdressing is by no means a soft option.

If you can afford it and want to be working within 6 months, then consider an intensive high quality course such as the Sassoon Academy 24 week Diploma for £14.5K.

To be a competent hairdresser able to cut hair and do basic colour services, if you attend a local FE College, you’re looking at completing a minimum of NVQ/VRQ level 2 (ideally level 3 too) and a further couple of years of being supervised after that.

A high proportion of hairdressing students who complete the basic level 2, do not continue with a hairdressing career. I think many of them are not prepared for the number of hours of practice after qualifying, that it takes to reach a basic level of skill required. There’s a very good reason that Apprenticeships used to take around 4 years to complete.

Latest posts