Father Christmas or Santa?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dellaznailz

CND Education Ambassador, Moroccan Tan, Waxperts
Reaction score
We have always been visited by Father Christmas in our family and this works very well as my two stepdaughters also have the advantage of a visit from Santa at their mum's house! :green:

I know Father Christmas was originally a very different character than Santa who is predominantly from USA but they have merged over the years so just wondering who visits other geeky households?
:hug:

Last edited:
Its always been Santa at the Murray household that is simply because when my elsest was little she couldnt say Father Christmas she sometimes sounded as though she was about to swear :lol::lol:

"faa Bissus!" (father christmas to me and you!) i never knew they were ever anyone different!

It used to be "Farmer Kissmass" but now it's just Father Christmas - I miss their baby speak!!

I know this will probabaly ruffle a few feathers but I made the decision to tell my 2nd bunch of kids very early that there was no Santa or Father christmas,
One year when i was totally broke my boys( 1st lot ) Made a xmas list and they wanted the earth,and i said "you cant have all that i am not made of money":eek::eek: there answer broke my heart "we dont want you to get it dad we want it from Santa and we have been good all year!!":hug::hug:
well to cut along story short i put it all on the credit card when i couldnt afford it and struggled all year to pay it back ,so i told the boys the truth in the summer time and they were great about it they were 6 and 3 at the time
So when i had the 2nd bunch of kids I told em straight !! I buy the pressies and i work hard to get em, Its still just as good a day for them and i dont get the "i would like a pony from santa i have been a good girl lol":eek::eek:
i know to some it sounds bah humbug but its also a big LIE !!
My kids go to a church school and believe in god ect
If you tell em about santa and then say i was lying !! then the tooth fairy!! i was lying,
but we expect them to believe in a man in the sky(GOD) who is invisible who made all things and judges you, sometimes helps you but sometimes doesnt ect ect
for me i think i made the right decision for my kids so the answer is the kids in my house call santa /father xmas DADDY :lol:

In our house father christmas only fills the stockings up and they are little bits and bats. All other presents are from real people and that makes sense to them when they write their christmas thank-you's.

When I was a child I always wait for Santa to go in our chimney I always put a stockings in the chimney. There was a time I discovered that the gifts in the stocking are not from Santa but it's from my father I got disappointed in that.:cry:

I know this will probabaly ruffle a few feathers but I made the decision to tell my 2nd bunch of kids very early that there was no Santa or Father christmas,
One year when i was totally broke my boys( 1st lot ) Made a xmas list and they wanted the earth,and i said "you cant have all that i am not made of money":eek::eek: there answer broke my heart "we dont want you to get it dad we want it from Santa and we have been good all year!!":hug::hug:
well to cut along story short i put it all on the credit card when i couldnt afford it and struggled all year to pay it back ,so i told the boys the truth in the summer time and they were great about it they were 6 and 3 at the time
So when i had the 2nd bunch of kids I told em straight !! I buy the pressies and i work hard to get em, Its still just as good a day for them and i dont get the "i would like a pony from santa i have been a good girl lol":eek::eek:
i know to some it sounds bah humbug but its also a big LIE !!
My kids go to a church school and believe in god ect
If you tell em about santa and then say i was lying !! then the tooth fairy!! i was lying,
but we expect them to believe in a man in the sky(GOD) who is invisible who made all things and judges you, sometimes helps you but sometimes doesnt ect ect
for me i think i made the right decision for my kids so the answer is the kids in my house call santa /father xmas DADDY :lol:

I don't think you should feel bad about letting your children know that father christmas doesn't exist. In fact, I think you did the right thing by telling them and not getting yourself in to debt just for the sake of buying presents.

Of course it is fun for children to wake up on Christmas day to a whole bunch of presents, but I am sure you can make it equally fun for the children if you just give them the one present and explain you simply can't afford anymore.

Sometimes what kids want is really quite simple. Sometimes they just want mum and dad to spend time with them. Sometimes it is us adults that constantly pushes presents in their faces to make up for things and time that we don't do in person.

Latest posts

Back