Faulty colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bri84

Reaction score
I did some lowlights on a regular client today and they did not take properly. The client has been having an Indola Profession 9.03 with 20vol for years full head tint, and I just did a few foil lowlights of 6.34 with 20vol. I find this colour normally takes quite well on such a light base so I cant understand why it has hardly touched the hair this time. I left it on for a full 40 minutes. Do you think the colour could have come from a dodgy batch? Or should I have done something different? Any advice gratefully recieved. :irked:

I wouldnt have thought the colour would be off. Maybe the peroxide had been left without a lid on and oxidised iv heard of this happening you could try ringing the advice line on 01296 314044 there pretty helpful. How do u find the indola colours usualy? Just curious because im considering switching because i like there bleach and styling products but not tried the colors yet.

Thanks I will give them a ring. I dont think it would be the peroxide as I used the same peroxide for the clients 9.03 roots and they came out fine. Generally I find indola colours very good and this is the first time I have had a problem with them. They are fairly cheap aswell but still good quality and leave the the hair with a lovely shine. The only thing I will say against them is that the consistency is quite thick when mixed up so I find I end up using more. HTH.:)

Did you add a base to the mix? I was thinking that as the hair is so light then introducing the colour with 6% and no base may be the problem. When darkening lighter hair, it's better to use 3% as it helps the colour stick better. Also adding a fashion shade with no base would produce a translucent colour.

I may be shooting completely wrong here as I am not familiar with these colours however basic rules should apply :)

Thanks for the info i think i will give them a whirl are the highlift blondes any good?

I did some lowlights on a regular client today and they did not take properly. The client has been having an Indola Profession 9.03 with 20vol for years full head tint, and I just did a few foil lowlights of 6.34 with 20vol. I find this colour normally takes quite well on such a light base so I cant understand why it has hardly touched the hair this time. I left it on for a full 40 minutes. Do you think the colour could have come from a dodgy batch? Or should I have done something different? Any advice gratefully recieved. :irked:

Hi, the very same happend to me once and the client had been using a after colour conditioner from an old box colour
even a serum that coats the hair can do this too especially if she used straightening irons as this can seal the cuticles therfore the colour cannot penetrate past cuticle into the hair :) x minky

Latest posts

Back