Faulty Gelish 18g lamp, help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 203433

Reaction score
I have been doing nails for 3 years and have just started my own home salon, I have never used a gelish lamp before but bought it to use as I read tons of great reviews! I started work from home last Tuesday, right from the off intermittently it will do as follows -

I turn the lamp on (it automatically sets to 20 secs)
I change it to 30 secs
My client will put their hand in the lamp
It will start curing, for approx 5 seconds
Then it turns off and sets back to 20 seconds on its own
It then flashes and will not stay on the allocated time even if my client keeps deadly still.

I contacted nail harmony they thought it was the lead, for a new one tried it today and it's doing the same thing still. I have emailed nail harmony back an I m awaiting a response however I found a thread on here from 2012 where nail harmony replied to someone with the same issue they sent some tips on deactivating and deactivating the sensor which I've already done, and it hasn't helped.

Has anyone experienced this and does anyone know what to do? I have tried all the tips in the picture but for some reason it's still doing this and it's very stressful trying to cure my clients nails, and doesn't look very professional I'm trying to build my business and I have a busy week this week worrying about how to sort it out! Any ideas would be really helpful! TIA

It's clearly faulty so don't faff about but send it back and request a replacement. It's new so why risk using a dodgy electrical item as you could end up being electrocuted as a worst case scenario.
Be firm!
I'd also advise having an ordinary UV lamp as a general back up plan. For instance, you could knock/drop a perfectly good led lamp and then be stuck so a spare lamp is essential.

Latest posts

Back