FB sell pages. Really annoyed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie-Liz

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I'm on a rant because I sold my beloved iphone4 recently. (I was upgrading to a 5) it was in full working order. In good condition except for a deep scratch in the outer lense. This was stated on the post on FB complete with pictures for extra confirmation. I even supplied a replacement lens. Anyway the buyer picked up the phone on Wednesday and she was shown the phone worked perfectly, she was happy and went on her merry way. Today she tells me she put the phone into a shop to replace the lens and they told her the screen was so badly damaged internally that it had to be replaced at cost to her. Then she says that since bringing the phone home from the shop it won't charge up and she's holding me fully accountable! I sold her a damaged not working phone in her eyes. It can't possibly have been damaged in the shop because her husband knows the guy? I'm rather upset because that phone was working beautifully and charged up with no problems the night before she collected it. I can only assume it was damaged in the shop. I got a horrible feeling she will expect her money back. But it's been nearly a week, when it left my home it was all good. She knows where I live and I worry she may cause some trouble. I have never sold anything on FB before and I won't be doing it again. I just don't know what to do. If she demands a refund for returning the phone I will basically be left with a phone that she's responsible for the damage of in my eyes! What if she wants me to reimburse her for the screen too? I don't have that kind of cash just hanging around. I'm rather fuming tbh. I loved that phone, aside from 1 deep scratch it was well looked after, came with a million accessories and everything! I told her to go back to the shop because it seems a bit strange that her problems started AFTER she put it in for repair. Sorry it's long and random but I had to get that off my chest. If you read this far thanks for doing so xx

That's not good, weather the shop broke it or it broke by itself that's the risk you take when buying a second hand phone, I wouldn't refund as it was sold as seen and u proved it was fully working xx

:( annoying people. Should of told her sold as seen x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

She can't really do anything. You showed it on Facebook with photographic proof that it worked and supplied her a lense for the faulty one then the deed is on her end for not going to a decent place to fix it. Just because her husband knows the guy doesn't mean that he's actually any good. If she turns up at your house or causes any bother you have every right to phone the police. Plus she has no leg to stand on really. She paid in cash and didn't ask for a receipt and didn't use paypal so she hasn't protected herself in that way. It's her fault that she wasn't clever enough to take it to the apple shop who even out of warranty would fix it or fix it for a decent charge. Yknow the people who know how to fix the phones.. Sorry getting angry for you lol! But yeah let her rant tell her she's caused the issue by not going to the apple shop and voided any possible chance of the apple shop fixing it now since she didn't take it there in the first place. You have you and a witness plus photographic proof to show it worked so she's on to plumbs!!

Well this is what I thought. I would have taken it to Apple myself if I was in her position because, hello, it's an iPhone!! U don't just let anyone chop it up and mess with it!!

It was all working and charging right before she got it. I thought the addition of her husbands friend doing the fixing was a bit lame too, if u take a phone to a random place that claims to fix phones for very cheap how do u know the parts are genuine? I'm just really annoyed she basically accused me of ripping her off, I know she's a total strNger and I can't "prove" I'm a normal person who sold a phone in good faith, but I really am not into the habit of ripping people off. She kept going on about how unhappy she was and then said shes taking the phone back to the shop (probably a dodgey stall inside an inshops) and will let me know?! Let me know? Like we r in this together or something. I will happily call the police if she came to my door. I just can't believe she thinks it's all my fault, it never occurred to her the shop might be to blame! Tut

Well this is what I thought. I would have taken it to Apple myself if I was in her position because, hello, it's an iPhone!! U don't just let anyone chop it up and mess with it!!

It was all working and charging right before she got it. I thought the addition of her husbands friend doing the fixing was a bit lame too, if u take a phone to a random place that claims to fix phones for very cheap how do u know the parts are genuine? I'm just really annoyed she basically accused me of ripping her off, I know she's a total strNger and I can't "prove" I'm a normal person who sold a phone in good faith, but I really am not into the habit of ripping people off. She kept going on about how unhappy she was and then said shes taking the phone back to the shop (probably a dodgey stall inside an inshops) and will let me know?! Let me know? Like we r in this together or something. I will happily call the police if she came to my door. I just can't believe she thinks it's all my fault, it never occurred to her the shop might be to blame! Tut

Yeah I would to. My warranty on my 5s is up and Id still take my phone back there. Och but I suppose everyone doesn't have common sense these days.

Like you said she can't have known anything was genuine if anything that guy seen her coming and just fobbed her off for money thinking she was stupid and didn't know anything to do with the phone..

Just let her get on with it and if she gets back to you about it tell her "look it was in working order and did so for the whole duration of the time I owened it as soon as you walked out the door anything you done to it there onwards is your problem I'm not that type of person who would sell a faulty item and I showed you it working and have proof of it working before you left with it so I believe you to be at fault " or something. Then tune her out. She's just looking for money back because she's been ripped off !!

Yeah I would to. My warranty on my 5s is up and Id still take my phone back there. Och but I suppose everyone doesn't have common sense these days.

Like you said she can't have known anything was genuine if anything that guy seen her coming and just fobbed her off for money thinking she was stupid and didn't know anything to do with the phone..

Just let her get on with it and if she gets back to you about it tell her "look it was in working order and did so for the whole duration of the time I owened it as soon as you walked out the door anything you done to it there onwards is your problem I'm not that type of person who would sell a faulty item and I showed you it working and have proof of it working before you left with it so I believe you to be at fault " or something. Then tune her out. She's just looking for money back because she's been ripped off !!

That's actually a great way of putting it, if I hear off her later I will certainly word it to her much like that and then never respond again. She should be looking to the phone shop for compensation, not me that's for sure.
Cheers for that x

That's actually a great way of putting it, if I hear off her later I will certainly word it to her much like that and then never respond again. She should be looking to the phone shop for compensation, not me that's for sure.
Cheers for that x

No problem! Don't let people push you around as soon as she left you it's her problem and like I said you showed her it worked! Say something like that and wash your hands of her lol xx

No problem! Don't let people push you around as soon as she left you it's her problem and like I said you showed her it worked! Say something like that and wash your hands of her lol xx

So far she hasn't got back to me so I think she perhaps doesn't want to eat her words. My husband said that when the phone shop person took the phone apart he may have forgot to reconnect certain components and this would prevent the phone charging. I think he may be right because the buyer hasn't contacted me so hopefully that will be the last from her lol. Nice try though eh?

So far she hasn't got back to me so I think she perhaps doesn't want to eat her words. My husband said that when the phone shop person took the phone apart he may have forgot to reconnect certain components and this would prevent the phone charging. I think he may be right because the buyer hasn't contacted me so hopefully that will be the last from her lol. Nice try though eh?

Got to love a chancer! I'm trying to find my mum a second hand phone just now as her phones circuit board has completely fried and wouldn't dream of doing what she did! Hopefully she's realised its her and the shops fault! Hopefully she'll will leave well alone and call it lesson learned for her never to take any phone back to that shop lol.

Got to love a chancer! I'm trying to find my mum a second hand phone just now as her phones circuit board has completely fried and wouldn't dream of doing what she did! Hopefully she's realised its her and the shops fault! Hopefully she'll will leave well alone and call it lesson learned for her never to take any phone back to that shop lol.

Oddly enough I haven't heard from her since. She hasn't blocked me or put up a post on the sell page complaining (like most do) so my guess is that the chop shop either admitted ruining it or she was a chancer and has given up lol! Thank god it didn't get silly, I won't sell a thing on FB again. People are just too weird.

Oddly enough I haven't heard from her since. She hasn't blocked me or put up a post on the sell page complaining (like most do) so my guess is that the chop shop either admitted ruining it or she was a chancer and has given up lol! Thank god it didn't get silly, I won't sell a thing on FB again. People are just too weird.

Well that's good. Glad she's been put in her place! Selling on Facebook can be good but you do get crackers. Same on gumtree! Just have to sift through the poop lol. Xx

Latest posts

Back