Fed up Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notsodumbblonde

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm just after a bit of advice from another persons experience! I currently have full head hightlights of blonde me (bleach) toned with 10/8 koleston and also use a purple shampoo so my hair is currently quite ashy!
I would really like to warm it up slightly without it ending up glowing! I have previously used colour touch a few years ago to do this ( 9/73) however I don't know if this colour has been changed as the last time I attempted this a few months ago it went really dark!!!
I have just had my roots done so they aren't a prob at the moment so just need something to maybe take it down a shade or too ( it is white blonde at the mo!) and also maybe in the future have some other shades of blonde through without ending up looking stripy or too dull or dark!
God I would make the most awkward client no wonder no one ever wants to do my hair lol!
Thanks Geeks :o)

Last edited:
Hi minky!

Thanks for your reply...to be entirely honest I have (I hardley dare admit..) Been on maternity from work and have been pulling my hair through a cap(!!!I know I would never even consider doing this to a client but babies do strange things to your brain!) just to try and do roots but did overlap onto existing bleach!
My hair was in such bad condition I had a few inches cut off but it is still in very poor condition at the ends..hence the white at the ends...I think I may put a Gold blonde semi permanent through the ends first and then the roots last...What do you think? I know I need to replace some of the red pigment in my hair..
I could slap myself for being so stupid lol x

Hi
sorry i just realized you are a hairderesser and so edited my answer for you lol :hug:
Hi,
because it is so white now the white parts tend to get (grab)
with any colour thats put on the white bits
I totally agree with you that the 9/73 in colour touch will now be far to dark to put on the white bits

as I cannot see your hair Im guessing its very white ?
if so any colour put on the white bits can get grab and appear really dark and ashy looking
as its not got any natural warmth left in it any more ,
thats probably why the 9/73 looked really dark

you could try and run a little
pure gold tone koleston tint mixed with water
through a few of your highlghts , this may add a little warmth to your hair
it may not hold that well but as its not harmful to the hair

how come it got so white ?

let us know how you get on :hug:

Hi minky!

Thanks for your reply...to be entirely honest I have (I hardley dare admit..) Been on maternity from work and have been pulling my hair through a cap(!!!I know I would never even consider doing this to a client but babies do strange things to your brain!) just to try and do roots but did overlap onto existing bleach!
My hair was in such bad condition I had a few inches cut off but it is still in very poor condition at the ends..hence the white at the ends...I think I may put a Gold blonde semi permanent through the ends first and then the roots last...What do you think? I know I need to replace some of the red pigment in my hair..
I could slap myself for being so stupid lol x

Hi , most of us hairdressers have been thereand done that lol :smack:

I think perhaps first try koleston perfect tint first 0/3 goldtone mixed with a little water in it this will add some warmth to the white bits till it grows out

the goldtones in the semi is a great if you were going to put a light golden brown over it in another semi,

but if you are just wanting to warm up the white bits with gold tones
a semi such as (colour touch may stain) a lot more on the white bits
and be too bright for you :hug:

Hi Minky!

It got so white because 'sob' I had baby brain and got it into my head I wanted to be Gwen Stefani blonde :( I was feeling really down and was very naughty and ruined my hair :'( lol
Again I could slap myself and would be horrified if any of my collegues or even clients had done this to their hair lol!
Thing is I'm too embarrassed to go to salon as it's in such a state! x

Hey dont beat yourself up ,its no big deal , most of us hairdressers put our hair through the mill , and we do it because we can lol :hug:,
Your hair will grow again and the ends will be ok soon dont worry

Perhaps you need to take a little time out here (just for you) let granny babysit
then maybe visit your local college where they can pamper you a bit ,
the tutors will supervise the students
and in no time you will have your lovely hair colour back

I assure you your hairdressers thinking head will return ,
just give it a little time :)

surely if you stop using the violet shampoo , it will stop looking so white? you could also try using a warm colour shampoo - i know aveda made a chamomile one for blondes.

Latest posts

Back