Feedback on prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly.Dimple

Reaction score
Hi. I would love some opinions on my prices. I've been doing my own nails and family's for around 6 years. I qualified last year and have been practising on family ever since as I had a baby 18 months ago. I am finally ready to set up as I have been building up my supplies and feel I am ready. I've handed some leaflets out but I'm a bit worried that my prices are too high.

I have included removal in my prices but now think that maybe it might be putting people off.

Please give your honest opinions and if you think I need to tweak them.
I live in solihull in the West Midlands.

I have also included a pic of my work.

Attachments

• Logomaker_28062019_102530.png
    Logomaker_28062019_102530.png
    597 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20190706_093634_021.jpg
    IMG_20190706_093634_021.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 110
I think your prices are correct I pay £30 for gel overlays x

I think your prices are pretty much spot on. It will probably take longer to build a base if you're on the dearer side of your area, but it will be a loyal clientele who will look after their nails.

I'd charge the same for fingers and toes though, especially when you're discounting for both.

What products do you use ? My nail lady using gel bottle only and I’m paying 35 £ for mani with colour , she is home based

I'm using all ink london product's at the moment.
What is it you have done?

Good quality products . I personally think you should charge more , you’re work is beautiful. Have you seen how much Chinese nail bar charging ? They using rubbish Chinese gel polish and low quality acrylics, their job in general is not professional also zero hygiene. I think prices should be based on products and experience. And you clearly are amazing what you do

How are your prices in comparison to others in your area? Clients might not need removal so you may find it better to have this as an optional extra or mention it is included on your price list.

Thanks so much.

Yes i have another page where it states that removal if free with reapplication. Thought it would keep prices simple but now thinking that clients that don't need removal may be put off by this. I think I will change this.

I also offer £10 off your 6th treatment, and refer a friend and both revieve £5 off.

And my prices are level with other techs in my area. I did alot of market research regarding prices as I wanted to get it right first time.

Has anyone tried 20% off for a limited time? Thinking I might do this to get people through the door.

Yes i have another page where it states that removal if free with reapplication. Thought it would keep prices simple but now thinking that clients that don't need removal may be put off by this. I think I will change this.

I also offer £10 off your 6th treatment, and refer a friend and both revieve £5 off.

And my prices are level with other techs in my area. I did alot of market research regarding prices as I wanted to get it right first time.

Has anyone tried 20% off for a limited time? Thinking I might do this to get people through the door.

I’m sure I did an introductory discount for the first month only and it worked well.

Good luck x

Latest posts

Back