Feel like giving up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy viette

Reaction score
I have been qualified now for 4 years in this time if Bern in and out of salon work (two of the salons I was employed at closed down just my luck) and now If been trying to go mobile part time aswell as working aswell but not in a hairdressing environment. I desperately just want to do hair and have a Thriving business but it's just I keep getting knocked back.
Prices are too high...prices are too low I can't win!!
Advertisement I'm doing a flyer drop over the weekend hopefully that may get some custom in.
Anyone have any advice or anything to help out I feel like km failing, when I left my last salon slot of my clients stayed with the salon as they had been going there years which is completely understandable.
I just find some many people(especially the ones over facebook) are hit looking for a cheap deal they ask my prices and I never hear from them or they cancel on the day.
Also the competition in the area is so huge!! I'm going to try going to some of the smaller villages where there are slot if older people and no salon around see if that may help. :(

When you post on your FB you need to look busy so always post things like I have limited number of appointments this week so if you would like to book please contact me on xx also post a price list to your page so that people know before booking and post pictures of before And after. Don't cheapen your prices to suit ppl as those type of ppl are just looking for a cheap deal and majority have no loyalty towards you as soon as they see another offer they go to the next person. Be positive things will get better and holiday season coming up :)

Hi Amy,

First, give yourself a good dose of nurturing and love. Take your mind off of your business to...

Go for a walk. Listen to some of your favorite songs. Hug your teddy bear. (I do. :)) Do whatever works for you. :)

When you're feeling more centered, reflect on that if people are comparing your offerings (they're not comparing *you*, which might also help you feel better) on price, they're assuming that getting X from someone else is about the same as getting it from you.

Which is why I always come back to clarifying the real result you offer and to whom. And then often to finding ways to boost your referrals, who are much more likely to trust that they'll have a great experience with you and pay the price you ask.

Usually the best way to get more income asap is to offer something to current customers. For example, think on an offer to get them coming in for something that'd go well with the previous service they bought.

If you'd like to talk about some specifics about what you do and how to potentially get better results (everything needs testing), then you're welcome to post some more details.

Sunni

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back