Feel such a plank!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lana-Jayne

Reaction score
Just a quick rant about myself!one of my regular clients came the other night and caught me off guard asking for gel enhancements instead of her usual gel polish. So I very nervously did them and they looked lovely and my client was so pleased with them as she has confidence issues with her hands. Anyway two days later she texts to say two of them have broken so I fit her in straight away and fix them and off she goes all happy again. She's text me tonight saying another 3 have broken. So I've arranged for her to come back again and have them removed and re-applied. I'm sat thinking what the reason is as to why they aren't lasting and its just hit me.......I didn't remove the shine from the tips before applying the gel!! I feel an absolute prized plank!!should I fess up to my client?I'm so angry that I made such a stupid mistake!!luckily she is a lovely client and has been very good about her nails needing doing again.My nerves are totally shot with nails at the moment and even more so now!!sorry for the long post x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Oh bless! what a lovely client she sounds.

If I were you I would be honest with her, and if she's as lovely as she sounds I'm sure she will have a giggle with you too.

I agree:) Tell her you botched, have a laugh about it and redo:) No problem:D

Aww bet you've been in a tiz...
At least you realised what happened think of it as a learning curve and I bet you never make this mistake again ;) so stay positive x

Thanks geeks...you were right I've told her and she is totally fine about it. Doesn't want a refund she isn't disappointed and she is happy to let me do them again!x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

There you go! Just goes to show honesty is the best policy.

I imagine you two will be giggling about this waaaaaaay into the future.

Sometimes our best clients are the ones that we have had issues like you just had and we go the extra mile to correct the issue.
These days clients aren't really used to someone standing by their work, you already shine in her book! You probably have her as a client for the rest of your career!!
Nice recovery, Nail Professional!!! :)

Latest posts

Back