Feeling a bit flat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyb1975

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly, sorry for the long, unpositive post.

I've been out of college for a little over 6yrs now. The first few years I worked in a few salons for someone (though half of that as the only therapist) then for the last few years i've worked for myself from home a couple of days a week since I've had my girls.

I love working for myself in that I can work around my daughters and that i've got clients that have stuck with me for years and even travel half an hour to get to me even though there are a hundred beauty therapists between their home and mine.

Besides trying to increase clients, I feel like i'm losing my touch and it's getting me down. Don't get me wrong, I have clients/days that I think "yep, nailed that" but I feel like I'm having more and more days where I feel unsure of how well i've done a treatment. My times have slowed too which aggravates me as my prices are lower than I'd like anyhow (I plan on raising them soon) especially as my times are pushing out ie my brazilian times have gone from 20-30mins to about 40mins. It doesn't help when I watch demos on youtube or training videos and it seems to take them a fraction of the time. I use strip too for everything so it should take next to no time.

I did a client today - EBW, U/A, braz, ELT and toe cut, file and polish and it took 1hr 45mins. That's too long isn't it??

Am I on my own with this or is this common with other salon owners?

Mel :confused:

I think that for all the work you have done for that client today, your times are fine. That's quite a lot to fit in.
Chin up sweetie, clients are returning so you must be fine.

Don't stress!! I often feel like this but I always hear my clients say they prefer me to my local salon as I don't conveyer belt them in and I'm more interested in quality work than quantity.
I'd love to be quicker so I can get more in/make more money, but I've had to accept that THIS is the exact reason why I'm so busy and the conveyer belt salon doesn't have a good rep.

Sounds to me you need a day off, time to chill, drink tea, eat cake and begin again with a fresh attitude :)
You'll be fine!

Oh. And I would have took longer to do all that lol xx

Thanks ladies x

Latest posts

Back