Feeling a bit rubbish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
Hello all did a clients hair today. Bleach highlights previous wanting a Balyage look so I thought id get a blank canvas and start again.
I prepigged with perfecton and then applied 7/ illumina on roots for grey and 7/7 with a touch of /34 mix colour touch on all of the rest. Roots to ends covered with the colour. I warned her once I washed it off it would look dark as its going to be all over, she did say it looked dark but I was going to do free lights next
So rough dryed off and did freelights 30vol and left for 40 mins. Seemed to look like it had lifted nicely. Toned with 10/36 illumina.
Now I think the colour looked beautiful (didn't take a pic sorry!) it was so natural and subtle - what she wanted but she didn't like the ends of her hair saying that it wasn't blonde enough at all (it was a lovely soft transition) I offered to make it lighter for her there and then but she said that she would get it done Tuesday instead - probably a better idea as she can go away and be sure and maybe get family to see it first and ask for opinions.
But anyway I just feel a bit down because I spent a long time on it and I thought it looked lovely. The only comfort I have is that I KNOW there was actually nothing WRONG with the colour just not light enough on the ends. But I'm one of these people that like everyone to be happy and I'm going to be worrying all weekend now that she hates it or something :(
Sorry for long post tried telling boyfriend but he seems to just say "you can't please everyone babe"
Is there anything that sounded wrong that I did at all?
Thanks geeks
X

I wouldn't have covered over the old bleach but have toned it instead, to save damage.

I wouldn't have covered over the old bleach but have toned it instead, to save damage.

Yea I was thinking of just doing a root stretch and feathering down but the condition was good before and the condition was good after the colour also but I know what you mean I would have normally done that but made more sense with this client to do it how I did (in my eyes at the time anyway lol) x

Sorry, but I agree with your boyfriend about not always being able to please everyone - immediately.

It sounds like the outcome was what you and the client had originally agreed upon but she just needs some time to get used to it. Which is exactly what you agreed with her.

It's very common for clients going for a change from their usual 'do' to feel shocked when they first look in the mirror and sometimes, they need the validation of family & friends before they choose to embrace the new look.

Try not to let it affect you too much. Chin up chuck!

I was at a class with Carolyn Newman recently and she said that she will only agree to do colour changes on people if they agree to wait at least 2 weeks to get used to it. I also agree, that you can't please everyone, all of the time x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your words guys they mean a lot.
Really so if she did a colour change she wouldn't do anything for 2 weeks after it they didn't like some thing about it? X

Don't let it ruin your weekend, she might sleep on it and realise she loves it, it's just a big change, I did my other halfs step mums the other day, usually use 7.036 affinage and changed her to 6.036 with a quarter of 5 in and balayaged the lot, spent a lot of time doing it and she HATES it, hasn't bothered me at all as I know I did a perfect job and exactly what she asked for, and if she wants to pay for a colour correction she can do lol xx

I have one client that she never ever like her hair when I do it. But been doing it for like 3 years, We do it today she hates it then she comes back next day, to re do it she kinda likes it. She's never happy with it. But she always want it done lol.....I hate doing her hair only reason I still do it its because she sends me a lot of her clients as she's a beautician

I'm sure it did look beautiful as someone said I wouldn't have take it to ends of the reason. Was to be blonder free light wella I don't find it lifts that much do you?

I'm sure it did look beautiful as someone said I wouldn't have take it to ends of the reason. Was to be blonder free light wella I don't find it lifts that much do you?

I think that was part of the problem the free lights didn't lift as much as I thought they would they looked a lovely colour when I checked it before I washed it off but yea it doesn't lift as much as you think it would x

I get the same thing about bayalage, it's never enough or too much. They have fine hair and want to look like khloe kardashian, it takes my enjoyment out of it.

You do seem like you take everything to heart as your post are generally about how down you are, or disappointed you feel. Find a happy medium, you don't have to not give a ****, but give a **** a little bit less.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I think that was part of the problem the free lights didn't lift as much as I thought they would they looked a lovely colour when I checked it before I washed it off but yea it doesn't lift as much as you think it would x

That's it, it doesn't lift that much at all. I did see guy tang using it and he used heat to get lift. Not the best product at all. And it does dry out.

I had a member of staff that suffered low self esteem whenever something didn't go exactly to plan.

She was excellent at her job but had perfectionist tendencies.

I persuaded her to try living by the mantra 'it's ok and therefore, it's good enough'

not 'if it's not perfect, I'm not worthy'.

Life will be a lot more enjoyable and far less stressful, if you can give yourself a break occasionally.

I had a member of staff that suffered low self esteem whenever something didn't go exactly to plan.

I persuaded her to try living by the mantra 'it's ok and therefore, it's good enough'

Life will be a lot more enjoyable and far less stressful, if you can give yourself a break occasionally.

This is me in a nutshell😢

This is me in a nutshell😢

Sounds like me too! It's a Virgo trait haha. Thing is deep down I know it's silly to worry as it's not going to change anything but I think it's just in my make up but I agree I need to stop thinking about things like that so much x

Sounds like me too! It's a Virgo trait haha. Thing is deep down I know it's silly to worry as it's not going to change anything but I think it's just in my make up but I agree I need to stop thinking about things like that so much x

Defo a Virgo trait. I'm the same!! 😕

I must be a one off then cause I'm a Leo haha. I've just always been such a perfectionist and nothing's ever good enough x

I must be a one off then cause I'm a Leo haha. I've just always been such a perfectionist and nothing's ever good enough x

Leo is close to Virgo though lol! I know what you mean. I always look at something and think I could have done that to make it better or that's not quite good enough in my eyes but it's the way we are :)

Leo is close to Virgo though lol! I know what you mean. I always look at something and think I could have done that to make it better or that's not quite good enough in my eyes but it's the way we are :)

I always see something I don't like but nobody else can see it! I think it's good though cause maybe one day our creations will be perfect and good enough for our liking.

I said this to one of the senior members of staff in my salon,whenever I finish a haircut or colour, I look at it and wish it could be better, slightly sharper cut, slightly richer tone etc

But he says the moment you stop looking at your work and think that's perfect, i don't need to improve that at all, is game over. Because you've lost that passion to be the best, and make your clients look the best they can be.

So now I always look at my work and instead of thinking, oh I wish I did that a bit better, I think next time it will be because I'll take that into account while doing it.

But this is just from my view, I would feel differently if someone told me they didn't like their hair lol x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back