Feeling so frustrated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexica1

Reaction score
Argh im so frustrted tonight!!!!

Im pretty newly qualified in hair extensions, ive done all my practise models and realised im actually quite good at this. That sounds big headed but honestly if you knew me youd know im not a confident person, but I just seem to have a good eye and a bit of a nack for this,

Ive Got my leaflets back and was planning on doing a hand out around town this week, Ive been updating my facebook and instagram page, but still not much response. So I looked at what the other extensionists in my area were doing and realised they were advertising on Gumtree. BIG MISTAKE!!!

Ive had 7 ladies message me today, one asking if ill do "it" for £100, another asking if Ill just order colour 613 hair without consultation and fit within next 2 days, another asking if she can pay in instalments after ive fitted, another asking if i can price match another extensionist in my area offering russian hair for £150 and finally another who i spent ages discussing hair application method types, hair grades etc, she asked to book a consultation then when i told her there would be a deposit to pay on consultation, she just didnt reply.

What on earth am I doing wrong here??

I use good hair which I pay about £140 for a full head, I dont know how im supposed to compete with other local girls offering full head russian remy hair for £150.

Im about ready to give up tbh

The last lady was happy with price etc but then didnt respond when I mentioned a deposit was payable, deposit is not something I will budge on for obvious reasons. Am I doing something wrong??

I always offer consultations for free. After the consultation and explaining the process and methods you use she will probably better understand that if she really wants to go through with the extensions that you have to order in the hair matching what she wants specifically just for her and the service you will be providing her. You only want people whom know theres a quality of hair scale in place here anyways and folks know that there is a reason you charge more if not they are stupid and you don't want them anyways. All it takes is 1 person to go get the cheaper service and see how long or how good it is to eventually come see you, the more pricey service provider for opinion once they feel they are not getting the expected results. Hang in there or print up some brochures promoting and stating facts about your services and quality of product you use and benefits of choosing quality and I always Guarantee my work and offer clients the option to come back in and let me know if there is anything they want tweeked within a weeks time especially with new clients so they feel comfortable about the service and have this as a reassurance of why They are paying more. More stylists should guarantee their work like this and let if be known on the consultation they offer this bonus to their services. It sounds like your consultation costs a down payment when shes not super sure she wants it or shes just checking out her options with different providers b4 she makes her choice. Always offer advice for free, I say anyways people like to shop around and if your charge is more and you require a down payment just for the consultation she would be put off because shes checking out the options right now without commitment yet and your trying to lock her in to a commitment b4 she knows the facts

I discuss a deposit at the end of the consultation and just say "if you would like to go ahead I will require a deposit of half of the total cost to secure the appointment" I get them to fill out a consultation form there and then put the price on, put the deposit on and get them to sign. If they wish to go ahead I have all their information and they have signed to say they understand the deposit is non refundable.

HI, Thanks for your replies.

My consultation is free but I assumed it was best to mention early there would be a deposit to pay. Otherwise id be at her house, do the consultation, she decides to go ahead then I tell her theres a deposit to pay. What if she didnt have that amount of cash in the house?

I was told on my course to be clear that a deposit is required so that the client can have this ready should she wish to go ahead. So now im confused.

I havent had any more calls or any interest in my facebook or intagram pages. Theres so many extensionists in my area that are already established, and some that are so cheaply priced theyre getting lots of custom. IM really feeling quite disheartened

Stick with it will come honestly soon as you have done a few clients your get recommended. Also I always get the client to pay for the hair upfront never done deposits so genuine people shouldn't mind a deposit X

HI, Thanks for your replies.

My consultation is free but I assumed it was best to mention early there would be a deposit to pay. Otherwise id be at her house, do the consultation, she decides to go ahead then I tell her theres a deposit to pay. What if she didnt have that amount of cash in the house?

I was told on my course to be clear that a deposit is required so that the client can have this ready should she wish to go ahead. So now im confused.

I havent had any more calls or any interest in my facebook or intagram pages. Theres so many extensionists in my area that are already established, and some that are so cheaply priced theyre getting lots of custom. IM really feeling quite disheartened
Also, look on instagram, are there any peoples accounts in your area with lots of followers? I had a girl contact me who has 12,000 followers (she has her own on-line clothing boutique) asking if i want to collaborate with her. I am doing her hair for half price (so fitting half the bill myself) and she is going to promote my hair extension business every other day to her followers, also passing my details to all of her friends. I have agreed that for every client i get through her, she gets £10 of credit with me to have a refit or hair extensions. x

Hi! Always always take a deposit.... i use a mobile card reader to do this I just need 3g or wifi to connect it to the app on my phone and I adjusted all my pricing to account for the card charge. When someone books a consultation with me I say to them that we will discuss everything and if they decide to book in then a 50% deposit mist be paid by cash or card to secure the appointment xxx

I agree totally. Theres no way I would happily complete a consultation and leave after arranging a fitting appointment without taking a deposit.

My problem seems to be getting the consultation booked in the first place. Ive had a couple of messages today, both just asking general questions but then no further messages, and then I was called from a scamming company!! A lady called Lucy called me saying she was from facebook and was calling about a problem with my facebook ad promotion, (id set up a promotion advert to run for a week to promote my page) She said id clicked the wrong button and was going to be charged £390 for the whole month and I should stop my promotion ad straight away, I knew something was a miss and i searched the telephone number and found it was a scam.

Im due to hand out leaflets this weekend and ive never felt so unmotivated

Latest posts

Back