Fibreglass free edge repair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dol

Reaction score
Im currently wearing Gelish and have chipped my nail off the corner of my index finger. Rather than shorten my nail I'm hoping to do a Fiberglass repair.
I've read plenty of threads on SG about using Fiberglass, Resin and Activator but I'm still not 100% sure about how to do it.
Any advice please?

I'm trained in l&p and hard gel as well as Gelish

Hi,

Whenever I do this, I prep the nail, apply the fibre glass, then apply foundation, carefull, over the fibreglass, Cure for 5 secs in Led, I then add structure gell, cure 30 secs, then colour and the rest as normal.

Another method I have found that works really well though is to use structure gel.

I broke my nail the other day though, quite far down, so I thought I would experiment:D I applied foundation and cured, then i put on a nail form and sculpted a free edge with structure gel, and put the structure gel over whole nail, I cured then repeated, then removed form and filed into shape. It has worked a treat, and feels really strong. Bearing in mind, I have never sculpted before, I am really impressed. Hth xx

Thanks so much. I never thought to use my Gelish :/ will try the repair tonight and good on you for sculpting. It's great when you try something for the first time and it works out

Latest posts

Back