Fibreglass/Silk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeetNailz

Reaction score
I am doing a course at college and did the above recently. I love it. Can anyone tell me the best supplier for these products, fibreglass, silk, brush on resin, brush on activator etc, I want to do some serious practice. The college use a mish mash of products so am not sure just where to obtain these supplies.

Cheers

Hi,

I use Brisa gel and the L&P both from Creative. I have looked at the fabric in the brochure and it looks very good and best of all easy to apply....it gives detailed instructions on application. I have never used it, but am seriously thinking of trying some. If it is as good as the other systems in my opinion it would be worth it.

You can call designer nails for more information.

HTH

NeetNailz said:
I am doing a course at college and did the above recently. I love it. Can anyone tell me the best supplier for these products, fibreglass, silk, brush on resin, brush on activator etc, I want to do some serious practice. The college use a mish mash of products so am not sure just where to obtain these supplies.

Cheers

Hi there

I will try and help you with this.

You can use any brand of silk or FB as long as you dont mix the brand of resin or activator.

You can purchase this system from various distributors/wholesalers and to name a few:

OSNS (Fabric)
California Nails
Lena Whites (OPi Future Wrap)
Eliteonline.com (The Edge and Nail Order)
Ellisons (Fabric and Star
Dennis Williams (Star)

I have used Star and Fabric and now use The Edge which I am more than happy with.

So good luck and find out which maybe suits your pocket more or is easier for you to buy due to location etc.

Thanks

I will check these out. Are these covered by the same policy for L & P and Gels at Creative in that if I have not trained with them I cannot buy their fibreglass/silk products?

Julie

I will try and help you with this.

You can use any brand of silk or FB as long as you dont mix the brand of resin or activator.

You can purchase this system from various distributors/wholesalers and to name a few:

OSNS (Fabric)
California Nails
Lena Whites (OPi Future Wrap)
Eliteonline.com (The Edge and Nail Order)
Ellisons (Fabric and Star
Dennis Williams (Star)

I have used Star and Fabric and now use The Edge which I am more than happy with.

So good luck and find out which maybe suits your pocket more or is easier for you to buy due to location etc.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can buy from them as a Student unless you do their course or you are already qualified in some way.

I had to produce my Star certificate for purchase Fabric.

This might have changed but you will need to ask Designer Nails

NeetNailz said:
Are these covered by the same policy for L & P and Gels at Creative in that if I have not trained with them I cannot buy their fibreglass/silk products?
If you phone designer nails, explain the situation to them, they should set you up a secondary account, ie you can then purchase products other than monomers etc.
hth
x

I use the Edge Fibrglass system and ahve found this very good until i can afford to do the Creative Fabric course ( I need to beat L&P first). There is an excellent tutorial on here from Ruth under tutorials and ahve had no problems.

The good thing about the edge is they do a full set of products that is easily purchased from wholesalers.

HTH

Just to confuse you more and add to them mix, another great fibreglass kit to start up with comes from NSI, called Soft Touch - a really nice and simple, straight-forward system that comes with both thin and a thicker builder resin enabling you to build up a really good apex and overall a lovely enhancement whether as overlays or on tips.

This is NSI's website, if you don't already have the details: NSI and also the manufacturer's instructions at Soft Touch.

HTHs.

Latest posts

Back