Fifty Shades of Grey movie!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was under the distinct impression that books were not permitted to be discussed on this site?

I was under the distinct impression that books were not permitted to be discussed on this site?

Really? That's weird. Books no but baby scans yes?
Anyway we're discussing a movie ;)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406461239.969282.jpgthis should be actor playing Christian ! His name is Greyston Holt

But she has a choice to sign it. And she doesn't. He ends up breaking all his rules for her. The only thing that stays is just his need for kinky ****ery lol x

It's like your reading my mind, with your answers, I love it☺️

Woah there Nelly, I never said BDSM was evil! I said that 50 shades isnt a true representation of a BDSM relationship.
In BDSM the sub is always in charge and has ultimate control.
What is scary about this book is that his sexual preferences were developed thanks to abuse (which annoys the BDSM community) and so he us replicating abuse.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I took from the books, that Anastasia was always the one in control, did you sleep through half the books?

And I was told in no uncertain terms that it was not allowed.

I think talking about books generally is ok. Just self promotion isn't. x

I took from the books, that Anastasia was always the one in control, did you sleep through half the books?

Probably, have to admit that the appalling writing style was a serious distraction

Your mind and mine are melding haha :)

This came up on my newsfeed :) the spiel
That went with it was bang on (and written by a BDSM sub) but had too many swear words

Attachments

• 1406474818353.jpg
    1406474818353.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 200
This came up on my newsfeed :) the spiel
That went with it was bang on (and written by a BDSM sub) but had too many swear words

Jealousy and possessiveness - it depends on the scale! I get jealous, and I can e quite possessive, and it's more I an insecurity thing, by no means an abusive thing

Sexual violence - I'm sorry, but there is NO sexual violence between them - it's merely a (consensual) way that they like to interact sexually, that they both enjoy - you can't judge others for enjoying pain in their sex lives - it's their choice.

Verbal abuse and being disrespectful in front of others - he has the utmost respect for her and never verbally abuses her?

Not listening or responding when you talk - he listens, but who wouldn't wanna talk when somebody brings up uncomfortable memories? All other times he talks :)

Unpredictable temper - anyone can have an unpredictable temper, that does not equal abuse. I have a terribly uneven temper but it would never become abusive

Damaging or destroying your possessions - when does he do this?

Controlling where you go and who you see - he has preferences over the company she keeps etc. but at the end of the day it's her that has the final say and he leaves it be - when he wants to control where she goes it is in her own best interests as she seems utterly oblivious to the dangers that surround her. Her safety is his priority at all times.

Picture was a fail.

Jealousy and possessiveness - it depends on the scale! I get jealous, and I can e quite possessive, and it's more I an insecurity thing, by no means an abusive thing

Sexual violence - I'm sorry, but there is NO sexual violence between them - it's merely a (consensual) way that they like to interact sexually, that they both enjoy - you can't judge others for enjoying pain in their sex lives - it's their choice.

Verbal abuse and being disrespectful in front of others - he has the utmost respect for her and never verbally abuses her?

Not listening or responding when you talk - he listens, but who wouldn't wanna talk when somebody brings up uncomfortable memories? All other times he talks :)

Unpredictable temper - anyone can have an unpredictable temper, that does not equal abuse. I have a terribly uneven temper but it would never become abusive

Damaging or destroying your possessions - when does he do this?

Controlling where you go and who you see - he has preferences over the company she keeps etc. but at the end of the day it's her that has the final say and he leaves it be - when he wants to control where she goes it is in her own best interests as she seems utterly oblivious to the dangers that surround her. Her safety is his priority at all times.

Picture was a fail.

Rather like a child...

I must preface this with a plea for 50 Shades haters to please not post really negative narrow mixed posts. This is for the open minded among us!

I just wanted to see how many of you have read the books, seen the trailer and are now waiting with bated breath for the film next February! I read the books when they first came out and fell in love with the story. The books weren't that well written, I agree, but the story at it's core, I think, is truly beautiful and captivating. So if you're a fan here's a place to come and share in my excitement!

I personally cannot wait for the film, and have just finished reading the books for the second time, with renewed enjoyment!

ehh I'm just pointing out the opening post .....:Scared:

I read and love the books! I wasn't pleased with the casting for the film and I wasn't pleased with the trailer, BUT when viewing the trailer I (like so many others) was expecting/hoping to see what I had been imagining whilst reading the book. I realised that nobody would see what was exactly in their heads projected onto the big screen! So I made the decision to watch the trailer again whilst completely forgetting the books and my imagination, I have since lost count how many times I have viewed it, all I can say is 'wow!!!'. I would love to have big beautiful grey eyes like that staring at me :)

Sent from my U8815 using SalonGeek mobile app

In my opinion it's not abuse! Ana knows what she's getting into he's upfront with it and he changes his ways for her because he loves her. The story is about how someone will do anything for the person he loves even agreeing to a relationship without the contract he always insists on. At first he doesn't even want to have sex with her as she's a virgin!
I was in an abusive relationship for four years and this book didn't remind me of my abuse at all. To some it grey may seem controlling and abusive but he was sexaully abused at 14 and needs control in all aspects of his life after thst has happened to him

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Exactly. I've had abusive boyfriends. I did not consent to having an ashtray thrown at my face, or being locked in a bathroom and made to take my clothes off. That was abuse.
This book made me horny, not sad lol.

Loved the books and can't wait for the film!!! Xxx

image.jpg

I'm sorry but the leading man does nothing for me. This is how I pictured Mr Grey.

This is how I picture him. He is a ginger after all

Attachments

• 1406578229362.jpg
    1406578229362.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 93

Latest posts

Back