File and polish on 10 year old

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not free but normally smaller meal, smaller plate for smaller price .. so Mum could let her child choose from child's menu or choose from regular menu and pay regular price.

Jacqui xx

I know hun I just meant that the original poster doesnt have childrens fees.
i was referring to myself, i have had women who asked if i could do her daughters for free.

:wink2:

Same price.

They may have smaller fingers BUT often wind up being more work because they fidget and fuss.
All the same at the end of the day.

I've never understood all this business of 'children's rates' for hair and nails.
It's still work, and often MORE because of the nature of the client.

I only offer special rates for service packages or groups.

I know hun I just meant that the original poster doesnt have childrens fees.
i was referring to myself, i have had women who asked if i could do her daughters for free.

:wink2:

Whoops sorry, in that case I agree with you, nothing is free!!!

Jacqui xx

There are full grown adults who naturally have very small nail beds. As there are adults with very large nail beds. I bet you don't charge less for the smaller, or more for the larger. Age shouldn't be a factor in pricing. If you are lucky she will be careful and patient, but even some adults aren't!

I would charge regular pricing. If the lady says anything, I would just reiterate that you charge per service, not by size or age.

Thanks all for your replies, and especially to you Perfected as i found your wording very helpful and used this in my reply to this client! You have all made me realise that it is only fair to charge everyone the same price and this will save future complications (no matter what size or age lol)xx:biggrin:

Just wanted to let you know this client cancelled her appointment! (because i didn't offer a discount for her niece's nails!) just shows what kind of people are out there hey!

Just wanted to let you know this client cancelled her appointment! (because i didn't offer a discount for her niece's nails!) just shows what kind of people are out there hey!

How annoying, people are fickle eh.

But I'm curious, in retrospect, would you rather have lost the 'sale' or offered a 15-20 minute basic file&paint at a reduced price and had both lots of money?

Jacqui xx

Typical :rolleyes:

How annoying, people are fickle eh.

But I'm curious, in retrospect, would you rather have lost the 'sale' or offered a 15-20 minute basic file&paint at a reduced price and had both lots of money?

Jacqui xx

Its a hard one really because if i had have done that then yes i proprably wouldn't have lost the sale but then i'm not sure if she's the kind of client i want anyway if she will be expecting things like that all the time, and then others may catch on and start asking the same thing! Then it just goes on and on lol :confused: xxx

True true, if you do it for one, you're liable to do it for others.

Yep I'm hearing you, there are some clients you don't mind passing on to the salon down the road!! lol

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back