Filing question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailcat

Reaction score
I was wondering about the filing techniques you ladies use over in the UK. Do you all hand file or do any of you use an E-file (nail drill)? Is using an E-file even permitted in the UK? I know most of us over here in the US use an E-file.

I can answer even if I live in Switzerland?? :)

imo in the UK a drill is allowed... it obviously has to be used the right way ;);)

here in my country most of the techs use an e-file.
I love doing it handfile :) but sometimes when you have to stuck to a client per hour, you just can't :|
I huse my e-file for gel mostly.

Well that is one of the things that is attracting me to go more with gels is that there is less filing involved. At this stage of the game my hands are beat but that's mostly from trying to control those "controlling" clients. (the ones who NEVER relax their hands) :mad:

There is nothing worse than the clients who never relax there hands!!! Your own hands end up going into a cramp trying to hold there finger!!! They actually make me very angry although i just grin and bear it!!! lol

i personally use a combination of both electric file and hand file.

my electric file is used mostly for taking down the old product when im doing rebalances. many of my clients like to change the colour of the tip at every maintenance appointment and an electric file is a great boon when taking off the old colour. great too if you are rebalancing someone elses bulky work or removing excess product before a soak off.

my application technique is miles better than it was in the early days so i use only a hand file to finish my application on new sets and after maintenance.

Well that is one of the things that is attracting me to go more with gels is that there is less filing involved. At this stage of the game my hands are beat but that's mostly from trying to control those "controlling" clients. (the ones who NEVER relax their hands) :mad:
I need to file WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY more gel than L&P. if the client moves in the lamp and craps it up you never have that with l&p

Latest posts

Back