Filling someone else's boots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi
I have been in a salon for about a month now and have taken over from someone else. It's in a little arcade in town with lots of passing trade. The last technician left around three months ago and took most of her clientele with her. I have come with no clients as it is out of my area. I am relying on passing trade and its been quite difficult. I am employed whereas the last tech was self employed and rented the space upstairs in a hairdressers. There's not a lot my boss has done in the way of advertising a few posters in the window and a website which can't be found if you search for nail shop city centre. I am doing all I can regards Facebook but my boss has only opened it as a profile page so it's very limited. I feel as if I should be doing more. The tech before me had a big following and a good business. I feel like am forgetting my skills as its very quiet I am getting slower and a bit lazy.

I might be a bit dim here, but if you are employed i.e. getting an hourly wage, isn't it up to your boss to do the advertising / get the website working / get the trade in?
I can understand the frustration of sitting around all day with out clients but it might be worth talking to your boss about it.

If the last tech was self employed, did all her own promoting / advertising to get clients through the door maybe the boss doesn't realize how important it is!!! Maybe they just think clients 'walk in'?

It's great your showing your own initiative and promoting your work place on social media. Speak with your boss and brain storm ideas to get more clientele into the salon. If the salon owner/manager has leaflets and your not busy then stand in the arcade and hand them out. Traffic stopping people is a great way to get noticed, maybe visit other surrounding businesses and offer a local business discount? Again I'd speak to your manager.

Latest posts

Back