Filling, what happened?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piersstanaway

Reaction score
today i had a client with bleached level 9 global colour. she wanted to be a cool level 7.
so following my colour guidelines it said to fill with 7.34 and water 1:1 then dry into the hair and apply target shade over thatso i applied 7.11 + 10vol.
the colour was still soooo coppery even with 7.11 . what happened here? i know a level 7 is an orange yellow undertone and thts what i used but this was aweful!

thank god it was a friend

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I don't know what colour house you use but, I tend to just mx a bit if the mixtone in with the tint so it is not overpowering

Im inclined to agree with Lindsay, i always add my mixtone to my target shade, it saves so much time ;-) xx

I don't know what colour house you use but, I tend to just mx a bit if the mixtone in with the tint so it is not overpowering

Ditto. I find filling before colouring a waste of time when it can be added into the mix, it also means the client would have to return to you if they wanted to do it again as the results wouldn't be correct if they used a home colour c

so i would be safe to use say equal parts 7n and 7.3 amd just apply once no filler needed?. what about going back to a level 5 from 9 surely u would have to fill that?

so i would be safe to use say equal parts 7n and 7.3 amd just apply once no filler needed?. what about going back to a level 5 from 9 surely u would have to fill that?

What we are saying is rather than do a prepig, you add mixtone to your target shade (in the same bowl) and apply, it stops the undertone overpowering the target shade . plus it saves loads of time ;-) xx

Was this using L'oreal?

so how much mix tone would you add to the tint ? and obviously u dont add more developer for the mix tone?

Latest posts

Back