Financial help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ncragg

Reaction score
Hi

I am wanting to set up my own nail bar in my sister in laws sunbed shop but ideally need a spare £1500 to get me up and started can anyone recommend a good company that offers business start up loans or something like this ? My credit isn't brilliant so this isn't helping and I've already tried to ask my parents for a loan but they can't help.

Thanks
Nat

Thank you will have a look now x

Why do you need so much? I started my nail station with a table from ikea for £25 borrowed 2 office chairs and had about 10 colours, each time a client had their nails done I bought another colour or 2 and grew my collection, I'd tell the clients the greater range of colours were on the way in the post :rolleyes: point is if your credits not great do you really want to take out a loan?

I don't want to buy cheap as I believe if you buy cheap you buy twice and it's wasting money I haven't really got. I'd rather borrow the money and get myself set up properly. I use nsi polish pro which is £15 a bottle and to start with to build my client base I am only charging £10 for a basic gel polish kind of like an opening offer so would have to do 2 clients before I could buy just one new colour. I know if I went to a nail tech and she didn't have a lot of choice it would put me off and I don't want that to happen.

Ive sent an application of to start up loans and waiting for someone to contact me so fingers crossed

I don't want to buy cheap as I believe if you buy cheap you buy twice and it's wasting money I haven't really got. I'd rather borrow the money and get myself set up properly. I use nsi polish pro which is £15 a bottle and to start with to build my client base I am only charging £10 for a basic gel polish kind of like an opening offer so would have to do 2 clients before I could buy just one new colour. I know if I went to a nail tech and she didn't have a lot of choice it would put me off and I don't want that to happen.

Ive sent an application of to start up loans and waiting for someone to contact me so fingers crossed

Starting at £10 won't build your client base, it will attract one off clients that more than likely won't return when your prices go up.
I would only do an introductory offer of maybe £2-£3 off the treatment.
You will never pay your loan off at that rate you'll barely make any profit.
Xx

I agree that £10 is too low, you're selling yourself short. It might be better to charge £15 and implement a loyalty system, such as have 8 treatments and get the 9th half price.

Good luck x

Thank you I'm still struggling with the start up loan I'm really worried now but also been writing up a business plan and £10 does seem to low

Latest posts

Back