Fingers and toes to match?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
I’ve got a wedding to go to at the weekend , I have red nails, should toe nails match !?

Personal choice but if your toes are showing( IE open shoes ) then personally I would say yes .

Yes - its a bug bear of mine when I have mis matched toes/fingers lol

If you mean match as in the same color, no, that is not necessary. And here it's considered rather old-fashioned. But if you mean match as in non-clashing, then yes. I often go with a bright color on toes and a paler version of the same color on fingers (or the reverse). Here's some thoughts on it - https://www.groupon.com/articles/should-your-manicure-and-pedicure-match

And here's some interesting ideas for mani-pedi pairing - https://www.instyle.com/hair/cute-nail-polish-combos-your-fingers-and-toes

Last edited:
I think they should match.

The yes wins ! Gold coming off toes and red going on !

Must be my age then Nancy as I always match :D FYI I would not take any notice of what Groupon says as over here they are classed as 'down market .....Just my opinion guys ;)

Must be my age then Nancy as I always match :D FYI I would not take any notice of what Groupon says as over here they are classed as 'down market .....Just my opinion guys ;)

Well, I doubt that you are older than me but, yes, I think that older women tend to go for matching fingers and toes while younger or more fashion forward types tend to be a bit more, well, forward, in their choices. Actually Groupon merely reported this info (and it was easy for me to grab). If you Google it, there are lots of high end sources that say the same, like the InStyle article. The matching issue doesn't skew to class. My point being, do what you want because there is no consensus on this issue.

Mix by alternating or do a French polish in red and gold trim ha!

Latest posts

Back