Finishing time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

relax

Reaction score
Morning everyone just about to get ready for work and my last app tonight is 10.30pm for a tan!!
Do your clients not care about what time they come at? I think if I said 2am they would still say yep that's fine....... 

Oh my god! This is worthy of the full words. Who wants a spray at that time of night? I agree though, clients would take all our time. Clearly we don't have a life xoxo

I'm the same as you. I dont set out my working hours, I work when the client wants me to work. as a general rule I work Tues-Sat, but I worked Monday this week because 3 people wanted appointments that day. If like me you're still building your business up its important to be as available as you can be for your customers, though I agree with you that they must think we have no life because they dont bat an eyelid at the prospect of using working to nearly midnight!! i hope she tipped you well :hug:

When I first started I was the same. Now my client hours are mon -wed 9-5, thurs 9-7 and fri 9-6. I only do extra for my regular clients if I have to.
I know how u feel but u will get there! X

I booked in a new client with me for 6:30 and he said is that morning or evening ?
Well he was a postman so I suppose 6:30 am is pretty much lunch time for him

I booked in a new client with me for 6:30 and he said is that morning or evening ?

Lmao, I think I'd laugh down the phone at him or saying morning. The only times iv seen 6:30 am is when I had to fly around that time and on tv. Xoxo

I used to be bad for this when starting up! The final straw was when i booked in for 5 sets gel nail extensions 5 spray tans and shellac toes with nail art and they wanted me to go at 7pm!! I went at 5pm and I got home at 1.45am never again !! Made a lot of money and life long clients but told them it was a one off thing

I finished at 11:30 last night all because I felt pressured to fit 2 clients in for a full set of acrylics each, they was going on holiday an stood there begging me!
I need to be tougher! I'm going days without eating lunch or tea because of not been able to say no!
Wish I had a life ..... How sad :-( x

I finished at 11:30 last night all because I felt pressured to fit 2 clients in for a full set of acrylics each, they was going on holiday an stood there begging me!
I need to be tougher! I'm going days without eating lunch or tea because of not been able to say no!
Wish I had a life ..... How sad :-( x

Oh god I hate clients that beg! I had a young girl earlier come in with her brother I think.... Both under 13, very scruffy!! girl wanted his hair cut now!! I was with a client and politely said I'm busy all day but can get him in next Tuesday which is my next free appointment, she stood and begged me to do a "quick" cut now!! I just replied with I don't do quick I do quality.... My next appointment is Tuesday! Then carried on with client....they soon went!

I'm glad post men around your way are up that early. I don't receive post till after lunch here, they're so damn lazy!

Im such a softie for clients that desperately need their hair done. I left a friend talk me into fitting her and her 2 cousins extensions the other week at 7pm when they finished work. They didn't leave till gone 2am! X

Glad to see there is a few mad people like myself lol...... I can never say no to a client and i think they know that 
But thank goodness its bed time the morning will come too soon 

Lol toughen up people, from day one I had set times, and days off. I think having to be tough in previous jobs helped but just saying "sorry, I don't work after 2 on Saturdays" is enough to let them know no. I know some have said that the system won't let them enter appointments on certain times or anything, you could say something like outside of normal working hours there is a surcharge added of £20 per hour extra before 8pm weekdays and £30 after and £30 per hour before 6 saturday and £40 after, Sunday for me is £40 a hour before 6 and £50 after. If they are actually genuine and want to be seen to then they will accept it, otherwise you get your time off and it's all good. Xoxo

I was a jeweller alongside my husband before i was in this industry. We started off working from home. Had people coming to the door at all hours...10 at night, 7:30 am on a sunday etc... " oh we were just passing by and thought i would drop this chain in to be fixed!

When i had my daughter i had a c section and came home 2 days later. Only home a minute when a customer came to the door wanting to know why we hadnt been here for 2 days, she had a job that needed doing. Told her i had been in hospital having a baby, just got home. " oh...well can you do it now then?" was the response i got :lol:...well silly me did it...could hardly walk down to the workshop but i got it done.

When i started my mobile beauty business, after 10 years of jewellery, i started out very firm with my hours. People know i only work Mon to Fri 9am to 5:30pm and Saturdays until 4pm. Thats it..no late nights, no sundays.

They do still ocassionally ask, but i am firm, no i dont work sundays, that is family time.

You gotta be firm and learn to say no. Its hard and is a skill that you usually learn only when you are on the brink of exhaustion.

Yeah yeah, moneys is great but it is not the be all and end all, its the work life balance....we are entitled to see our husbands/partners and children at least one day a week!

Tomme is right clients will use you up with no thought of you ! Take care of yourself and set some hours.

Latest posts

Back