First Attempt LCN

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosebelle

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at gel. I have been working as a nail tech since April but was honing my mani and pedi skills for a few months before trying gels. We use LCN. It took soooo long and was grueling but I'm happy they at least resemble nails. :green: I know I have a long way to go. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

If you really want critique, then I don't think the form of the nail flatters the hand in anyway and there is way too much gel used in zone 2 ... the enhancement should have a gentle natural curve and these almost have a big bubble in the middle ... which could be corrected by more filing.

Keep trying and try to make the result look real instead of something stuck on top of a nail. People should wonder .. are they? or aren't they? Good Luck.

Thanks, I guess it was silly of me to want a critique since it's my first one; of course they're not gonna look great. I guess it's good to see what my tendencies are (too round, wide) so that I can try to correct them as I go :)

It's not silly at all to want constructive critique, how else would we improve our work? This is a very good first attempt and wonderful that you didn't try to do them too long, they are a perfect length. They do need a bit more filing or a little more practice with the amount that you apply, but that's what practice is all about. I find getting a crisp smile line with gel is very difficult and you've done better with that than I did, my first time. I think that you are well on your way, keep up the practice and keep submitting pics. Good work !

It's not silly at all to want constructive critique, how else would we improve our work? This is a very good first attempt and wonderful that you didn't try to do them too long, they are a perfect length. They do need a bit more filing or a little more practice with the amount that you apply, but that's what practice is all about. I find getting a crisp smile line with gel is very difficult and you've done better with that than I did, my first time. I think that you are well on your way, keep up the practice and keep submitting pics. Good work !

Thanks for being so kind! I have since done 2 more sets. I am going to get some more practice and come back for more critiques later. I definitely want to get good at this; mostly because it's so damn hard and feels like I never will. I want to show that stupid gel who's boss, haha. :green:

Latest posts

Back