First brush with acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stook

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm only CND trained and work with the natural nail which has been fine up till now.

However, tonight I've had a first time client who failed to mention she'd had acrylics that she admits she's just pulled and chewed off.

Her nails were covered with lumps of left over acrylic and I would be grateful to know if

A. I dealt with this in a correct manner
B. If not, how to deal with this in the future

Pre treatment, I gently as possible filed just the acrylic 'lumps' off of her nail with a Kanga file to make them as smooth as possible and then did usual PEP.

I guess my question is, is there anything I could add to my travelling case that would remove the acrylic more gently than simply filing it off.

She did have slight lumps on her nails where I'd not completely filed off the acrylic but I really didn't want to damage her nails further. They were in terrible condition. I'd she'd told me about them beforehand I could have offered some smoothing gel or IBX but I was left feeling like I'd done half a job.

Any comments welcomed as I'm a bit of a newb.

Xx

You could carry some remover for these situations so you could soak the acrylic off. I cant imagine it would all be removed with filing alone x

I would have debulked the nail by 50% then wrapped the nails with a cotton pad soaked in acetone for 20mins, then gently slide off the product with an orange wood stick. If it doesn't remove easily, re wrap and wait a further 10mins. Repeat process until all product is removed. I hope this helps. ;) xx

Thank you.

Typically I'd not taken any remover as I'd gone in thinking her naiks were bare but I'd not have known how to remove them anyway so really appreciate your input.

She's booked in again so I'm going to factor in enough time to soak off the acrylic when I next see her.

:cool:

Latest posts

Back