First day as trainee hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.R

Reaction score
Absoloutly loved it!
Although small steps, I got to do a shampoo, learn how to blow dry, straighten, did some health and safety, client consultation, and observed a graduated cut- I'm sure all hairdressers must secretly have wrists made of titanium,as keeping the brush going round and round whilst blow drying is seemingly something my wrists are not yet ready for without aching loads.
Can anybody recommend an up to date NVQ2 learning book? X

Yay, well done you!

I'm so glad your first day went well.
Hopefully, you'll now stop worrying about 'what if' and just get on and enjoy learning. :)

Not sure if it's been mentioned to you before, but I'd strongly recommend you subscribe to:
http://www.mhdacademy.com

In fact, I recommend it over buying the course textbook because you get all the written textbook notes in PDF's to download, plus access to all the training videos too. It's probably the best online training course in the world. Seriously!

Yay, well done you!

I'm so glad your first day went well.
Hopefully, you'll now stop worrying about 'what if' and just get on and enjoy learning. :)

Not sure if it's been mentioned to you before, but I'd strongly recommend you subscribe to:
http://www.mhdacademy.com

In fact, I recommend it over buying the course textbook because you get all the written textbook notes in PDF's to download, plus access to all the training videos too. It's probably the best online training course in the world. Seriously!
Awww thank you so much AcidPerm, advice and training website greatly appreciated

Enjoy your training and the skills will come.
The aching will ease over time and soon you won't even notice it.

Don't you love it when people want to learn.

Good luck and I hope you get the mentoring and support you deserve x

Latest posts

Back