First enhancement on my natural nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelios

Reaction score
Hi,
what you see I have learned from Forums, DVDs, Books, Youtube, on the rubber hand...etc. because I live 300km away from "civilisation" and a proper Nail Salon.
I am doing only my own nails-may be for a friend twice a year.
But I love nail art as long as I can remember-since 5 months I am training permanent nail art.
This is my first try on my natural nails, which I had enhanced with LCN Fibrique, and sealed with LCN Red Shimmer.
Nailart is done with red and rainbow glitter and dry flowers on the thumbs.I wanted to achive a transparent "Wet Look", and the nails as thin as possible.Therefore I choosed a Fibrique Gel and was not modelling an Apex-what you can see is my natural nail curve.

My big fear was - will it hold or will I lose my "work of art" the next day.
But nothing was moving -big surprise! You can see the 4-weeks-after-result in my album.

As I have no other "confident audience" near me-I am grateful for any kind of comment and advice.
Please excuse also my English - Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Hi
are you self trained??
i think they are done very well and look cute, oh you have lovely nails and hands, pity you are not in ireland i'd ask you to model for me on monday Pamela xx

Hi
are you self trained??
i think they are done very well and look cute, oh you have lovely nails and hands, pity you are not in ireland i'd ask you to model for me on monday Pamela xx

Hi Pamela,
thank you so much for looking at a "Non Geek"-I know it is a kind of "grrrrr..." for a professional :irked: -I can really understand that.
No, I cannot say I am "self-trained". I was lucky to find some very nice companies/persons who gave me the chance to learn all about nails by sending me training material, DVDs, books....about all the Chemistry, Medical issues,Techniques etc.in this field.
All I have done by myself was learning and training at home-a lot!!! Because of my local circumstances, and add. bcs. I have horses and other animals to take care of, I can/will not leave here for more than 1 day.

Thats why I now try to find out where I am standing-if all the time, money and sweat I invested has any sense at all.
However, I love Nail Art too much to give up :green: !

Thanks also for your nice invitation-if I could, I would take the next plane!
I would be thrilled to be/have a Nail Model-here are only goats available!
I actual painted dog nails once :!:, believe it or not!

Was nice meeting you!

Hi
no problem, i looked, i liked and i shared my opinion.
you obviously have a natural talent, i really dont mind about about your training i was just impressed by your work even if its due to no "formal" training. besides you were not asking how to do anything, you just posted for an opinion so i cant see any problem with that!

My dogs have had painted nails too, but i went too far and matched lipstick :lol:

good luck xx

Hi
no problem, i looked, i liked and i shared my opinion.
you obviously have a natural talent, i really dont mind about about your training i was just impressed by your work even if its due to no "formal" training. besides you were not asking how to do anything, you just posted for an opinion so i cant see any problem with that!

My dogs have had painted nails too, but i went too far and matched lipstick :lol:

good luck xx

Thank you-I can need some!
Nooooo-lipstick too????? LOL....I am relieved not to be the only one! :lol:

Very pretty, and, what I admire the most - consistent in every way.

Very pretty, and, what I admire the most - consistent in every way.

Hi cro-mari,
thank you for your nice comment - I really appriciate.:)

Nice shape! Love the colour. Good product application. :)

I just don't quite get it - are they extentions or natural nails overlays? 'Cause you write you've done them on your natural nails and it seems like some of the free edge shows through the product on the thumb. May be just the photo..

Hi just wanted to say i think there really nice considering you have done all this yourself good look in the future.:)

Nice shape! Love the colour. Good product application. :)

I just don't quite get it - are they extentions or natural nails overlays? 'Cause you write you've done them on your natural nails and it seems like some of the free edge shows through the product on the thumb. May be just the photo..

Thank you very much, ris!
No, it is not the photo - that what shows through the material are the "free edges of my natural nails"-no tip, no extension.
And that is sometimes my problem - as for everyone who has long natural nails, I assume. Here I wanted this transparent "Summer Wet Look".
But the most designs are not looking good at all when you can see through the free edges. So I have to use Full Cover or Make Up Gel-what I dont like very much. Or I have to use opaque Gel, or I have to place my nail art in a way which hides this "matter". Sometimes quite tricky to find the solution which matches to the design I have in mind :confused:.
But as I dont want to cut my nails short, I learned to deal with this "factor".

Hi just wanted to say i think there really nice considering you have done all this yourself good look in the future.:)

Thank you so much, Maneater! .....what a nick!!!!:lol:
I will do my best - with all the great help I found here!!!

But the most designs are not looking good at all when you can see through the free edges. So I have to use Full Cover or Make Up Gel-what I dont like very much. Or I have to use opaque Gel, or I have to place my nail art in a way which hides this "matter". Sometimes quite tricky to find the solution which matches to the design I have in mind :confused:.
But as I dont want to cut my nails short, I learned to deal with this "factor".

But those were your first NNOs, weren't they? So it's understandable you cannot see all the tricky parts ;).

I am not sure you can call NNOs enhancements proper.. Anyone put me right if I am wrong, please. :)

hey im very new to nails and i think theses are lovely. can i ask these wouldnt be classed as an enhancement would they are there is no enhancement to the length of the nail :confused:
im just checking this more for myself then to criticise :)

can i ask these wouldnt be classed as an enhancement would they are there is no enhancement to the length of the nail :confused:
That's what I think, too.

ok was just checking. its doesnt take much to confuse me hehe.
so these would be an overlay.
let me know if im wrong but.. if a clease tip was put on would that stop the shadowing through the nail art???

that ment to say clear... whoops!

.....for this confusion!
You call it "overlay", if there is only the natural nail, without Tip or Extension made with Gel or L/P!?
We call it "NN strengthening", and my Translation Book said: "Enhancement"!
Thats my trouble with translations-I go from German over Greek to English!

But those were your first NNOs, weren't they? So it's understandable you cannot see all the tricky parts ;).

I am not sure you can call NNOs enhancements proper.. Anyone put me right if I am wrong, please. :)

I will try to put/translate it right:
This is my first try with UV-GEL, on my natural nails. Before I was using only the rubber hand.
And before that, I was making nail art using nail polish. I always had my nails long, and herewith I always had the problem with the "shading through free edges".
Does it now make any sense:?:

that ment to say clear... whoops!

Sorry, I cannot say anything about using clear tips-I have never used them.
I have only done some nail art on the rubber hand using White Stiletto Tips with Full Cover or Make Up Gel.

either way they are very nice :)

Latest posts

Back