First ever set with CJP acrylic - questions/photos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FayeElizabeth89

Nail Technician in Training
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I ordered the dual sample kit from cjp the other day and it arrived this morning al naturally had to have a play around with it!

I had a go on my nail trainer hand but found it a bit weird so decided to put it onto myself and give it a proper test run.

This is the first time I've ever used a cover pink and a white. And the first time ever doing a baby boomer so I know they're not perfect but I'd love some feedback anyway! (Photos attached.)

I have some questions about the system and I'd love to hear what other nail geeks think, if it's good/bad or just plain wrong lol

So here goes!

From reading about it I know it's a dryer system so I did my best.
The first
Couple of beads with the cover pink were difficult, but I got there in the end, it self levelled, barely needed any faff at all BUT I struggled with the white!
I used the Snow White powder and no matter what, I found it really grainy and difficult to work with or I made it too wet and it just flowed all over the place.
Do you have a particular method when it comes to working white? I used the same method for the cover and it was fine but not the white.

I also contaminated my monomer badly - I couldn't seem to get the white off my brush. Is there a knack to this?

What do you think of the primer/bonder that comes with the system? Is it good?
I have used young nails protein bond which worked really well for my nails (notorious lifting!) so I wondered how the cjp one is...

I think that's about it for questions! I can't think of any more right now lol!

Sorry for the essay but I'm interested in seeing what everyone thinks!

Thanks so much!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1496943590.339880.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1496943603.051349.jpg

Hey guys!

So I ordered the dual sample kit from cjp the other day and it arrived this morning al naturally had to have a play around with it!

I had a go on my nail trainer hand but found it a bit weird so decided to put it onto myself and give it a proper test run.

This is the first time I've ever used a cover pink and a white. And the first time ever doing a baby boomer so I know they're not perfect but I'd love some feedback anyway! (Photos attached.)

I have some questions about the system and I'd love to hear what other nail geeks think, if it's good/bad or just plain wrong lol

So here goes!

From reading about it I know it's a dryer system so I did my best.
The first
Couple of beads with the cover pink were difficult, but I got there in the end, it self levelled, barely needed any faff at all BUT I struggled with the white!
I used the Snow White powder and no matter what, I found it really grainy and difficult to work with or I made it too wet and it just flowed all over the place.
Do you have a particular method when it comes to working white? I used the same method for the cover and it was fine but not the white.

I also contaminated my monomer badly - I couldn't seem to get the white off my brush. Is there a knack to this?

What do you think of the primer/bonder that comes with the system? Is it good?
I have used young nails protein bond which worked really well for my nails (notorious lifting!) so I wondered how the cjp one is...

I think that's about it for questions! I can't think of any more right now lol!

Sorry for the essay but I'm interested in seeing what everyone thinks!

Thanks so much! View attachment 205053View attachment 205054
Wow they are gorgeous. Can I ask what the glitter one is? I got the trial kit also and am struggling with the white colours not so much the pinks . Bit like yourself. They look great to me. I'm only practising in my trainer also but after seeing yours I might try it on myself. Are they tips you used or did you sculpt? I'm thinking of placing a full order with some colours and sparkles in the next few days. I'm gonna buy their brush also as I find my whites sticking to the brush also. Thought it might be my brush though, not sure. Doesn't really happen with the pinks. I'm not much help im afraid but wanted to let you know they look great!

Wow they are gorgeous. Can I ask what the glitter one is? I got the trial kit also and am struggling with the white colours not so much the pinks . Bit like yourself. They look great to me. I'm only practising in my trainer also but after seeing yours I might try it on myself. Are they tips you used or did you sculpt? I'm thinking of placing a full order with some colours and sparkles in the next few days. I'm gonna buy their brush also as I find my whites sticking to the brush also. Thought it might be my brush though, not sure. Doesn't really happen with the pinks. I'm not much help im afraid but wanted to let you know they look great!
Thanks so much!!

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one struggling with the white lol! I didn't think
Of it being my brush, it could be, might not be... I'm using the Nsi 508 - I wonder if anyone else does and has the same issue?

I really struggled with it on my trainer hand, but it was much easier despite the difficulty I had with the white, on my own hands.

The other threads are right, it files lovely! And that helped to knock hours off my time, it usually takes me about 4/5 hours to do mine and these took me about 3.5!

I used tips. I used pro impressions clear tips. Wellless ones.

The glitter on the pinky was just something o tried by mixing two of the transparent pinks in the trial pack with some glitter. I wasn't overly keen on it so only did the one and then did the same on the other hand so they matched lol!

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back