First go with gel extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie79

Reaction score
This is my first attempt on human hands. Can I have your opinions please? Wondering how much gel builder u guys use? Used gelluux by the way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    726.1 KB · Views: 714
You don't say how long you've been training/practising for. But for a first attempt their not bad. For my honest critique I would say the tips are s bit too heavy & bulky you need the majority of your product in zone2 to create a nice smooth apex. Also watch your edges, if you look closely at the thumb you have a lump of product that needs refining. Your smile lines are good but they would look better slightly deeper & your product looks nice & flush at the cuticles! Well done! Here is a set of gels I did today, see what I mean about a deeper smile line it gives the nail more length & elegance! Keep it up!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449944248.961984.jpg

R these extensions? They look perfect :). I have only been doing it a week or two. I am wondering do u need a good amount of building gel (the pink I used) when doing extensions and Mayb less building gel on overlay on natural nail? Thankyou x

Have you done a gel extension course? What did they recommend? :)

Ah thank you that's kind! (I've been doing nails for donkeys years now! [emoji6]) my advice to you would be to think of it in layers rather than whacking a load of gel on & trying to build a nice shape nail from a single application. How everyone does it is different but I (after meticulous prep & applying my bond & curing for 10 seconds) .... Lay a very thin foundation layer of gel onto the nail (whether it be a natural nail overlay or extensions) I do this in clear normally. Then I create my smile with my white gel I do this free hand with my gel brush. Start further down on the edges to give you that deeper smile line I talked about. Bringing your white slowly up the sides, don't rush it! If needs be you can tidy up with a little ipa to get your smile crisp. Also after you've done 1 or 2 fingers you can flash cure (a quick 10 sec cure) so the white line doesn't blur & stays crisp (Obviously curing each layer In-between) Then I add my pink, I use a semi-opaque pink use a nail size appropriate amount, smoothing down to the cuticle, building your apex, smoothing out towards the free edge, so it's nice & thin & not bulbous! (Cure) Then I refine with a really fine grit file, smoothing & defining. Finally I add a gel top coat, cure, remove inhibition layer & finally oil them! I hope this helps! X

Ah thank you that's kind! (I've been doing nails for donkeys years now! [emoji6]) my advice to you would be to think of it in layers rather than whacking a load of gel on & trying to build a nice shape nail from a single application. How everyone does it is different but I (after meticulous prep & applying my bond & curing for 10 seconds) .... Lay a very thin foundation layer of gel onto the nail (whether it be a natural nail overlay or extensions) I do this in clear normally. Then I create my smile with my white gel I do this free hand with my gel brush. Start further down on the edges to give you that deeper smile line I talked about. Bringing your white slowly up the sides, don't rush it! If needs be you can tidy up with a little ipa to get your smile crisp. Also after you've done 1 or 2 fingers you can flash cure (a quick 10 sec cure) so the white line doesn't blur & stays crisp (Obviously curing each layer In-between) Then I add my pink, I use a semi-opaque pink use a nail size appropriate amount, smoothing down to the cuticle, building your apex, smoothing out towards the free edge, so it's nice & thin & not bulbous! (Cure) Then I refine with a really fine grit file, smoothing & defining. Finally I add a gel top coat, cure, remove inhibition layer & finally oil them! I hope this helps! X
Thanku

Thank so much for that. So u actually apply your pink over the top of smile line? when u apply colour to gel extentions and overlays u apply it after u apply topcoat at the end I presume? Xx

Sorry after your other thread it does leave me wondering where you trained as they don't seem to have covered anything.

Thank so much for that. So u actually apply your pink over the top of smile line? when u apply colour to gel extentions and overlays u apply it after u apply topcoat at the end I presume? Xx
No, you don't top coat until after colour.

When you say it's your first attempt on human hands, are they your hands Hun?
I ask this as it's hard to do your own

Hi fluffy lovely nails. Can I ask what brand of gel you use. Hard or soak off?

Hi fluffy lovely nails. Can I ask what brand of gel you use. Hard or soak off?

Ah thank you! I use CND Brisa gel which is a hard gel.

Ah thank you! I use CND Brisa gel which is a hard gel.
Hi fluffy nails love the nails. I'm having problems with brisa hard gel lifting with tips and I'm at my wits end. Can I ask how long a set of brisa gel extensions last you? Also can I just double check, do you scrub fresh the whole nail plate before applying the tips? Do you scrub fresh again once tips are blended in? I'm worried I'm scrub freshing too much x

You do not scrub fresh over the applied tip. Mine last up to five weeks.

Hi fluffy nails love the nails. I'm having problems with brisa hard gel lifting with tips and I'm at my wits end. Can I ask how long a set of brisa gel extensions last you? Also can I just double check, do you scrub fresh the whole nail plate before applying the tips? Do you scrub fresh again once tips are blended in? I'm worried I'm scrub freshing too much x

Depends on the client but at least 3 weeks. Scrub when preparing the nail plate & yes also after you've blended your tips but as attitude says not the tips themselves as this can cause tiny fractures making them weaken. Also are you applying your Brisa bond really SPARINGLY!? Another great cause of lifting can be "chemical" Then don't forget to cure it (10secs) HTH X

You don't say how long you've been training/practising for. But for a first attempt their not bad. For my honest critique I would say the tips are s bit too heavy & bulky you need the majority of your product in zone2 to create a nice smooth apex. Also watch your edges, if you look closely at the thumb you have a lump of product that needs refining. Your smile lines are good but they would look better slightly deeper & your product looks nice & flush at the cuticles! Well done! Here is a set of gels I did today, see what I mean about a deeper smile line it gives the nail more length & elegance! Keep it up!
View attachment 192859
These are gorgeous :) I am just venturing into gel, been doing L&P for 8 years I might look at Brisa :) - just went to add to my S2 order and it's out of stock :( oh well next time!

These are gorgeous :) I am just venturing into gel, been doing L&P for 8 years I might look at Brisa :) - just went to add to my S2 order and it's out of stock :( oh well next time!

Thankyou that's very kind! Are you sure!? I'd be pretty surprised if S2 have run out of Brisa gel, there would be a national panic!! Were you looking in the right section? X

Depends on the client but at least 3 weeks. Scrub when preparing the nail plate & yes also after you've blended your tips but as attitude says not the tips themselves as this can cause tiny fractures making them weaken. Also are you applying your Brisa bond really SPARINGLY!? Another great cause of lifting can be "chemical" Then don't forget to cure it (10secs) HTH X
Thanks for the reply..will try applying sparingly too. I did a set the other week, she got 2 weeks out of them before 2 snapped she said x

Latest posts

Back