First leg wax clients tomorrow-any words of wisdom?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Hi I have my first leg wax clients tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous any words of advice?? It is mother and daughter and they are regular waxers so I'm feeling the pressure, especially time wise! They no I'm new and I'm charging half price but still panicking, I'm not getting any practise on legs as it doesn't seem popular with anyone I know! X

Don't be nervous. Regular waxers will make great first time clients because they will be fine with the treatment.

Just cover the entire area you're working on, for example front of leg from below knee to ankle. Then remove the entire area. This makes you quicker and it's harder to miss bits.

As long as you do a thorough job, they will be happy. Good luck x

Thank you for taking time to reply I wasn't taught to do the whole area but watching you tube tutorials and seen this and it definitely looks quicker so Il give it a go x

I agree with the above post. Cover all hair thats growing in the same direction so that way you can get the wax on quickly and remove it all quickly then move on to next section of hair growth. Also make sure you don't leave them with any hair or wax residue. A client leaving without ALL the hair removed and feeling sticky is the worst thing you can do.

Thank you, yes I'm a little nervous about getting in a sticky mess! Lol all the waxing I've done so far has been hot wax so no sticky I love it! Any remaining wax that is not lifted with the strip I just use my jasmine oil to remove am I correct? (using Perron rigot) x

If your waxing technique is correct you shouldnt have wax left on the skin that wasnt picked up by the strip. The stickiness is just residue, you cant see it it can just be felt. I dont want to sound rude but do you mean you havent done any strip waxing at all or jyst being qualified?

Just since qualifying so just refreshing my mind! Lol thank you x

Hi Claire, how did it go?

Yes with perron rigot jasmine oil you just give the skin a rub over and it removes the stickiness. If there were actually patches of wax, then you would go over with a wax strip again.

I wasn't taught to do an entire area in college either, but i was taught this way when i went into a salon and i also did a one day speed wax course with Kim Lawless who teaches it this way. One strip on and one off is so time consuming x

Thanks flawless beauty for all your help! Can u believe she got the day wrong and so had to cancel! I'm on a mission now to get more waxing practice in I think, people just don't seem keen on leg waxing, I suppose your either a leg waxer or not and must admit I'm not a fan, all that growing of keg hair puts me off (I wont tell my clients this tho, promote, promote) lol thanks again x

Hi Claire :)

Just beware than speed waxing (where you cover the entire front of the leg for example) its no always possible with certain types of wax, particularly the cheaper ones. If left on the skin too long it can dry in making it very difficult to remove and uncomfortable of your client. Get your friends and family around and even if they have no hair on their legs practice putting the wax on and taking if off, it will help your confidence to no end :)

Another good tip is to rub a very very small amount of oil into the knees and toes if the skin is dry it stops the wax sticking to dry areas but the hair removes cleanly (if legs are very dry you can actually apply the oil all over, but less is more , there should be no shine to the skin)

Latest posts

Back