First male spray tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesC

Reaction score
I've been doing mobile spray tans for ages now but have been asked to do my first man. We won't be alone so i'm not worried about anything dodgy going on. I'm just wondering if there is anything i should do or be aware of in addition to when i do a woman? My hubby won't let me spray him so i've got no guinea pig to practice on.
Things i'm not sure about are
1. If he's very hairy - do i just spray as normal?
2. Should my pre-tan advice be the same as i give to women re: exfoliation & shaving & moisturising?
3. Should i expect him to moisturise as i would a woman?
4. What advice should i give re: shaving the next day (for a wedding) and also about shaving foam & after shave?
5. When i assess his skin to decide on solution %age do i need to consider anything else?

aaaargh - this was definitely NOT covered when i trained :Scared:

I've been doing mobile spray tans for ages now but have been asked to do my first man. We won't be alone so i'm not worried about anything dodgy going on. I'm just wondering if there is anything i should do or be aware of in addition to when i do a woman? My hubby won't let me spray him so i've got no guinea pig to practice on.
Things i'm not sure about are
1. If he's very hairy - do i just spray as normal?
2. Should my pre-tan advice be the same as i give to women re: exfoliation & shaving & moisturising?
3. Should i expect him to moisturise as i would a woman?
4. What advice should i give re: shaving the next day (for a wedding) and also about shaving foam & after shave?
5. When i assess his skin to decide on solution %age do i need to consider anything else?

aaaargh - this was definitely NOT covered when i trained :Scared:

Hey just do everything the same as a women apart from asking them to shave lol . Angel the guy upwards a bit more to get under the hair. :) x

Thanks AnnaJaneP - i usually ask women not to shave their legs the following day, but i'm guessing if he's going to a wedding he will want to shave (his face that is!). Any advice here please? x

Latest posts

Back