First salon based job

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalie's beauty

Reaction score
hi, I am a newly qualified nail tech and I am due to start work in a salon this week, however, I am having a serious confidence melt down. I am really worried about timing, it still takes me two hours to produce a perfect set and also I am having the problem of the odd one lifting and needing replacing. Any tips on how to speed up would be hugely appreciated

Yes! Don't rush!
Nuni Torres who in my option is the nail master guru of our time takes 4hours to do a set and charged $100 and up!
Art and quality takes time. If they want speed tell them to go to a non std salon where they use those old tips to flick off their old acrylics and drill the nails flat and use dental acrylic.

2 hours is acceptable for French sculpts or coloured nails.
And your time will improve as you pick up practice in its own time.

The odd nail lifting is part of the learning process.
I have been doing nails over ten years and I still have a client who will come back, but I always fix them and figure out a way and why they lift.
90% of lifting in my case is due to client incorrect home after care. Like using hot dishwater and not wearing gloves etc...

Self confidence takes time to build up but keep in mind you did pass your exams , they wouldn't pass you if you were not able to do a set of nails!

Good luck and enjoy your new career!

P.s wear gloves when wiping the gel layer clean if possible , product build up resistance can make you have allergies futhur down the line ... Like years later.
Wish I had listened to my trainer and wore gloves all the time!

Yes! Don't rush!
Nuni Torres who in my option is the nail master guru of our time takes 4hours to do a set and charged $100 and up!
Art and quality takes time. If they want speed tell them to go to a non std salon where they use those old tips to flick off their old acrylics and drill the nails flat and use dental acrylic.

2 hours is acceptable for French sculpts or coloured nails.
And your time will improve as you pick up practice in its own time.

The odd nail lifting is part of the learning process.
I have been doing nails over ten years and I still have a client who will come back, but I always fix them and figure out a way and why they lift.
90% of lifting in my case is due to client incorrect home after care. Like using hot dishwater and not wearing gloves etc...

Self confidence takes time to build up but keep in mind you did pass your exams , they wouldn't pass you if you were not able to do a set of nails!

Good luck and enjoy your new career!

P.s wear gloves when wiping the gel layer clean if possible , product build up resistance can make you have allergies futhur down the line ... Like years later.
Wish I had listened to my trainer and wore gloves all the time!
Thank you so much for your reassuring reply. And yes I too think Nunis is the master! I had no idea he took 4 hours though. I will try not to worry and enjoy my work thank you xx

Latest posts

Back