First Set Of Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Isobel yes I had thought of doing that possibly as a last resort, however a fellow geek who lives locally has taken pity on me and has offered her help x

Hi,
I am so glad that it is not only me that thinks I am taking too long to do a full set of nails. I qualified in July this year with Creative and I still take 4 hours. I hate taking so long but as yet I don't have that many clients and am only doing friends at work. I advise them how long it will take and I just think that it is best to perfect the technique first and the speed will automatically follow later!! That's what I hope anyway!!

i finally got my professional brisa kit. I never realised how much more difficult it will be controlling the gel over acrylic. I've done the first set on myself and i can see the benefits of brisa over acrylic however find it hard to sculpture. Is it just me or is it a common problem. I know practice is important. I am confused as to how much of the product you need to put on the nails the training just says a ball but the ball can be anything. Can anyone help. Should brisa gel nails be very thing or should they be the same as acrylics. I think i've not used enough product on my own nails. All i can do is keep going. Any advice will be great.

Just thought I'd add to this to say that I only qualified in July this year and a full set takes me 41/2 hours too! I was a bit worried about this but now I just think that it is better to perfect the technique first and hopefully the speed will follow naturally!! So you are definitely not alone on this one. It is made more difficult because I don't have that many people to practice on but I'm sure there are lots of you in the same situation as me. I have about 5 girls at work of which 2 only have acrylic over their own nails so practice on putting tips on is a bit slow for me. But keep practicing and I'm sure we will all get there in the end eh?!

Hi Annie

The First Set Of Nails I Did I Think My Client Thought I Was Staying Over For The Night - It Took Me Ages! I Have Now Been Doing Nails For One Year And My Timing Has Come Down Loads. The Products Don't Lift Now But That Has Just Started Happening. When Learning I Took The Plunge And Went To An Experienced Technician And Am Amazed At The Things She Didn't Do.

I Have Had Many Stories From A New Client About Her Having To Turn Up At A Qualified Nail Technicians With A Bottle Of Wine. The Technician Kept Nipping Out For A Smoke - How Unhygenic And How Long Does It Take Her To Do A Set? It Still Takes Me A Long Time To Do Infills And I Have Heard Stories Of Some Technicians (from Same Client) Having Her Infills Done Where The (same) Technician Just Clips Off The Old Products And Reapplies Fresh Product Over The Top Leaving A Nail Full Of Lines!

It Took Me Ages To Learn Nails (and I Am Still Learning), Ages To Do Them, But I Love Them And Practice Makes Perfect. Don't Give Up Cos I Find There Are Good Times And Not So Good Times But I Get Satisfaction Out Of Seeing How Happy My Clients Are

Wyliekit X

oh my god you are soooooo not the only one, i was exactly the same, it all ended in tears!! i still takes me about 2.5 to 3 hours to do a set as i am still practicing too, i really recommended you book yourself in to a one to one with CND, i did two weks ago and already my nails are looking so much better, a few little tips from a fellow beginner: write down all the problems you have and ASK about them at the one to one no matter how silly you might feel, start from the begining, and take a model who will help you after the one to one, i took my mum which was a great help as she took it all in too and can remeber stuff that i had forgotten! (and they are honest too). you will find that it is nothing major that you are doing wrong, just little things here and there which take up the extra time. Also get yourself a book which i call my bible: The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman, published by Tomson. just keep practising and keep positive, i got really low and now i am loving it. hope this helps let me know how you get on. (PS: the one to one is quite pricey but it is well worth spending the money) xx

Latest posts

Back